Today, my fellow UGers, we're going to talk about rap. I've been hanging with a different crew of guys lately, and they've shown me some pretty dope shit. They turned me loose on Odd Future, Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa, etc. I've been into rap for a while, but i find myself listening to rap more often than i do metal now. So, that being said, let's talk about rap, new good stuff (im trying to find what else is out there), who we like, who we don't like (try not to troll too much) and see where a group of metalheads who listen to rap end up after a bit.
I wish i could think of a cool sig...
I really like Lady Gaga's new album, it's one of the finer rap albums in the last year or so.
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000
ESP LTD F-50
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 UX1
Digitech RP-50
Word, homie

...I tried
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by knifeline98
see where a group of metalheads who listen to rap end up after a bit.

You're going to all end up in Limp Bizkit.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
You're going to all end up in Limp Bizkit.

This. And this is a place you do not want to be.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
There's a thread in the Bands & Artists forum

/dick

I like De La Soul and MF Doom and Beastie Boys. Wiz Khalifa sucks.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Check out People Under the Stairs especially acid raindrops they are new and good
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Quote by knifeline98
Today, my fellow UGers, we're going to talk about rap. I've been hanging with a different crew of guys lately, and they've shown me some pretty dope shit. They turned me loose on Odd Future, Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa, etc. I've been into rap for a while, but i find myself listening to rap more often than i do metal now. So, that being said, let's talk about rap, new good stuff (im trying to find what else is out there), who we like, who we don't like (try not to troll too much) and see where a group of metalheads who listen to rap end up after a bit.

im not a huge hiphop/rap fan, but if your listening to rap, listen to 2pac or nas, not the highlighted selection
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by TomusAM
Let's give this a shot?

Isn't that how Tupac died?

Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Some lil wayne is good. I like some ludacris and some 3 6 mafia. But then again I really dont consider my self a metalhead and its pretty rare that I listen to rap anymore but when I was younger and just put my sub in my truck I would listen to a lil rap
Immortal Technique (not new, I know)
Wiz Khalifa
Kid Cudi
Drake
Jay Z

A few of my favorites.
Quote by Schnecter
All lil wayne is BAD

*Fixed
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by TomusAM
Let's give this a shot?

Isn't that how Tupac died?

Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by knifeline98

sounds like they showed you some good stuff.
listen to d12, busta rhymes, sam adams, jedi mind tricks, tupac, biggie, and wu-tang clan
you also listen to lil wayne's mixtapes most of his mainstream stuff is shit but the mix tapes are sick.

Quote by Masamune

have you heard that album of dub remix's of mos def songs. its really ****in sick
its called mos dub, check it out, if you like mos def and reggae you'll really dig this.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Last edited by vanhailin at Jun 19, 2011,
Aesop Rock and Del tha Funkee Homosapien are 2 of the only modern rappers that I know of and like. A lot of old school stuff is cool too.
lol rap thread

I'll go along though. I don't care for the rappers TS posted, but I like Mos Def, Black Star, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Aesop Rock, Public Enemy, 2pac and some of more modern, grossly overrated rappers (Eminem, Dre, etc.)

There are others (not as mainstream) but those are the only artists I regularly listen to. I used to be more into rap, it went away for a while but it's coming back.
I don't know much new rap, maybe Lupe Fiasco or Tyler the Creator.
Two diverse acts right there I guess
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
az
gang starr
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"