hi there, I recently got money and I need another amp, kind of a back up amp but that can also get the job done by itself, I alredy have a 6505 but Im deciding between these two amps:

-Marshall JVM410c
-Roland Jazz chorus 120 / new guitar

I know both are VERY versatile amps wich are what Im looking for, but my main genre is metal, I really dont need another guitar but would be nice, so I need to know, which one is best for metal? wich one is more versatile? wich one has better cleans? what would you get?

thanks
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Quote by Helicopters!
A Jazz Chorus is literally the last amp you would ever want for metal.

Y actually have heard a lot of metal players using this amp
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Quote by ArkanRg

For cleans. Not for distortion. I promise you.
Quote by ArkanRg

for just their cleans maybe...im not sure howgood pedals would sound through it since its solid state
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by gigazen
Hello everybody,
welcome to our website:
========== http://johnshop.org =====

50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15 jeans,coach handbag$33
air max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-shirt $13
air jordan for sale,l nba jersy for sale sale,$35,
nfl nba jersy for sale
and so on..

==== http://www.johnshop.org====

*reported*
Quote by Helicopters!
*reported*

Beaten to it.

OT: only look into the JC if you're looking to A/B for cleans with your 6505.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Beaten to it.

Actually, that's a brilliant idea. Especially since he seems to have a lot to spend. He could get a JC-120 easily for $500, get an A/B box, and keep the rest for a rainy day.
Get a jc120, you can pick them up for very cheap and they have the best clean tone out of any solid state amp or most tubes for that matter, the 6505 cleans are pretty shitty so buy an A/B box and a set of back up tubes and fuses in case your 6505 fails, which it shouldn't besides the tubes, those things are ****ing beastly. This is of course if you aren't happy with the clean tone of your 6505 and want something amazing. A JC120 is the last thing on earth anyone would use for any type of distortion. But if your happy with the clean of your 6505 go for the marshall, it's versatile and can do metal, i personally think marshalls are terrible for any modern metal from my experience with my friends TSL but it does classic 80's metal great, from the reviews i just read of JVM's apparently they are great amps that out shine the TSL in every aspect so i'd definitely check that out.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Beaten to it.

thats BRILLIANT
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Quote by ArkanRg
thats BRILLIANT

You're gonna be the next Macho Man Randy Savage, savior of the universe, after carrying all those combo amps around.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I've seen a couple of guys that play metal / heavy rock by playing a Jazz Chorus and have it 4CM with a MFX unit. I've seen one with and Axe, and a handful with Line 6 Pods.

The A/B with the 6505 seems like a good idea. I just hope you have a trailer / van to lug both your amps for gigs.

Why have you narrowed it down to those two?

Anyway, out of those two, definitely get the JVM for metal. Holy crap. The JC isn't exactly versatile unless you have a lot of pedals for it, but that's another story. Some people like pedals through it but a lot of people don't because it is somewhat sterile, which is the point. I personally don't really like the clean on it because it is so ****ing clean, but that's the point and it's just not my style. The clean is very much a jazz clean.

Either way, if you're going to be playing metal this isn't even really a comparison, get the JVM or look into some other amps.