I was thinking about covering some bass lines for some songs (obviously), and i wanted to record what i did. I dont have any microphones, appart for the one on my headset, but i dont think thats going to go well XD.

What do you guys use to record your sexxy sound waves? What mics, or other stuff do you use? And what are their advantages over other methods/equipment?
At the moment I use my Zoom H4 as a USB interface, and used to use the built in preamps to adjust my tone, but recently bought the new Eden WTDI pedal for that job.

Never looking back!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Get something like an m-audio fast track or line 6 ux 2 or something along those lines. Along with a good pair of headphones youll be sorted.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
m-audio fast track mkII usb interface, Ampeg SVX amp simulation for the tones, very pleased with it.

Heres what I get.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYI5J24W9E
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
Line 6 UX1, varying amp sims (usually pod farm or lepou stuff), varying bass cabinet impulses (usually redwirez or a free library I've got lying around), varying amounts of post processing. Get some pretty sexy tones.
Bass --> Steinberg CI2 interface --> Reaper with EQ and compressor VSTs

I tend to use my amp's head from time to time though.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jun 19, 2011,
I run the XLR "direct out" from my Hartke LH500 head into my Presonus Audiobox. I use Cubase 5 as my DAW
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I run the XLR out from my Hartke same as Dan. I use a Cakewalk UA-25 EX interface and Reaper. I also have tons of VSTs and amp simulators as plug-ins for Reaper.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I use a cheap mixer straight into my PC, sounds like sh*t though.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I have the ampeg with the line out socket, not sure if i could use that for better sound quality?
This all is new to me, sounds interesting
Well pretty much i use an m-audio fast-track along with a tascam midi controller. Into this i have my bass or guitar or whatever. The bass goes into the interface and then using a usb connection into the computer. Then on my computer i have reason rewired into reaper. Reason i use for synth modules, drums, samples etc. This goes into reaper which is my DAW(digital audio workstation) which i use to record all my sounds. Ill recommend reaper, its $40 or free if you dont buy the liscense, and its very easy to customise to your preference and how you like the layout etc.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Alesis MultiMix 4 -> USB Out -> Macbook Pro with Logic

Gets the job done.

Love the Low end
<3 all things lo-fi

It's been a crappy tape recorder:

But now it's a crappy computer mic and recorded onto a Soundcloud account:

My band's label pays for the super high-tech album recordings, so all i need are cheap/quick/easy ways to record parts/lines/riffs so i don't forget them.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Directly into an USB interface, then to Guitar Rig 4 (though I've read bad stuff about it, works just fine for me ).