So pit

Who or what musician do you respect the most?

I respect Dave Mustaine the most even though he was a really big douchebag for the most part of his musical career.

He was part of the original Metallica line up and made the blueprint for thrash metal along with other bands.

He made another band though for the wrong reasons at first(to get revenge) but his will to just get up from anything was really admirable and earned my respect. Not to mention he made his own music by himself and allied himself with some of the best guitarists (Chris Poland, Marty Friedman to name a few).
Last edited by gothblade at Jun 19, 2011,
I don't feel that there is one particular musician who I respect considerably more than every other musician to say I respect "him/her" "the most!". Respect isnt a competition. This thread is whatever.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jun 19, 2011,
James Hetfield

He's one of the best guitarists I can think of, a great vocalist, a talented songwriter and he plays the drums as well. He seems really cool and he has a sense of humor.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Last edited by Low Man's Lyric at Jun 19, 2011,
Frank zappa. Because he really knew his shit when it came to music, and also because he had a sense of humor so he never took himself too seriously.
And also, Roger Waters, because Pink Floyd.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Quote by Msword7
I don't feel that there is one particular musician who I respect considerably more than every other musician to say I respect "him/her" "the most!". Respect isnt a competition. This thread is whatever. Reported

Reported? Why? I don't see this as any problematic, advertising, or anything that has to be reported...

OT: I would say Paul Gilbert, due to him being the apperantly humble man he is. In a band sense, I would actually say Metallica. Everyone knows what Metallica is, even if one hasn't listened to any of their songs. That in itself is something to be respected.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by Slashestranged
Slash

He is a great guitarist but also a money hoar. And you're getting this from a pretty big G'n'R and Slash fan.

OT: Rory Gallagher

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Franz Lizst, he was the first real modern style celebrity musician, he had Lizst Mania before Elvis or The Beatles' fathers we're even born. Women would collect his trash and broken strings. And of course there's his music too. . .
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Quote by Msword7
I don't feel that there is one particular musician who I respect considerably more than every other musician to say I respect "him/her" "the most!". Respect isnt a competition. This thread is whatever. Reported

Well there must be someone who you respect the most in your life...like someone you look up to... That's why I said Who or What, it can be that struggling musician round the corner or someone famous just because.

Frank Zappa, for his immense skill with composing and songwriting, and humor. Also, Dick Dale for his creativeness, speed, and skill.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Quote by Old Lady
Will Smith

I thought you were trolling for a split second, then I remembered that he did make music before he started acting.
Quote by gothblade
Well there must be someone who you respect the most in your life...like someone you look up to... That's why I said Who or What, it can be that struggling musician round the corner or someone famous just because.

probably respect my mother the most, but she is my mother, not a musician. There is not one musician I can say I respect more than any other musician.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Seasick Steve, went from a homeless man into a worldwide known musician. Brilliant.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by gothblade
So pit

Who or what musician do you respect the most?

I respect Dave Mustaine the most even though he was a really big douchebag for the most part of his musical career.

He was part of the original Metallica line up and made the blueprint for thrash metal along with other bands.

He made another band though for the wrong reasons at first(to get revenge) but his will to just get up from anything was really admirable and earned my respect. Not to mention he made his own music by himself and allied himself with some of the best guitarists (Chris Poland, Marty Friedman to name a few).

+ 1,320
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Josh Heinrichs

Not very well known but makes incredible music and is the nicest guy ever. Serious, he messaged me on facebook once asking if I wanted to have one of his albums for free
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by JamSessionFreak
He is a great guitarist but also a money hoar. And you're getting this from a pretty big G'n'R and Slash fan.

OT: Rory Gallagher

Me wants to know how its cool to face palm someone's opinion on who they respect but you keep doing what you gotta do you 'lil jam session freak...

"OT" John Cage. He single handedly changed my perception on what music is.

Although I've got to agree with Msword, it's tough coming up with just one person who comes out on top, but there are so many different reasons to pick somebody.. For example where would we be without Les Paul? The electric guitar simply wouldn't exist and recording would be years behind where it is today..
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
I'd say Paul Gilbert.
Very humble man, and his writing/technical ability is brilliant.

Seconded. Not a huge fan but he is a very inspirational man.
Eric Johnson.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Igor Stravinsky.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Tom Morello
Neil Young
Björn Olsson (nice guy, mailed him a few times and he answered quite instantly and was very modest and likeable)
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Jason Becker for dickslapping ALS in the face and not giving up. (given 3 years to live in the 90's? He's still alive. Close to completely paralyzed? No problem, still writing music).

Mick Mars for close to the same reason. Dude can barely walk, still tours, still making music (although with more modern bands).

Rudy Sarzo for playing with a ton of different bands that were huge, but no one would recognize him. ("Rudy Sarzo? Who's that?" "The bassist for Ozzy, Blue Oyster Cult, Whitesnake, Dio, Quiet Riot, and Yngwie Malmsteen."). He's a good bassist too.

Prince for playing close to every f'cking instrument known to man, NOT charging ridiculous prices for concert tickets (only $25 for someone as big as him is pretty good), and being a brilliant composer, although very "prissy" with his music.
Bruce Springsteen.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Paul Gilbert is awesome. He definately has a sense of humour with his music and his shreddy/rock instrumentals are, well fun I guess. He doesn't take himself too seriously.
Simon Neil is ingeniously creative and always very emotive when playing
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
nils lofgren, he teaches all his tricks in his guitar lessons on his website, inspires you to get better at guitar, meets fans after gigs. brilliant guitar player and songwriter
ALEX ****ING WEBSTER

This man is one of the top metal bass players, uses his fingers for some crazy things and he useally just plays exactly what Pat O'brien and Rob play on guitar.
He is the man who has made by far the most songs, and not only making the music for the other guys as well, he does the lyrics and or vocal patterns himself too.
All that amazing bass skill, and writing aside, this man is smart as can be, and as humble and down to earth as anyone. Even if you don't like Death metal or Cannibal Corpse, I'm sure you could easily respect this beast of a man.

EDIT: Just some more evidence of his god like status. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Jun 19, 2011,
Frank Zappa - For everything Zappa.

Warren Haynes - For being so damn classy, tasteful, and powerful.

Derek Trucks - See Warren Haynes. ^^^
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.