I was offered those 2 guitars for a same price.(950 euros).
I know they are both great guitars, but which would be better for me ?
Im a rock/metal lead guitarist.

Pics :

Jackson : http://gallery.me.com/ilevsamarin#100066

ESP : http://web.zone.ee/upload99/ESP/

I have heard nothing about Custom Horizons, but I know that the Horizon is a super guitar. Maybe u could give me some information about it ?
The Horizon i was offered had EMG's put on it and If I'll buy the ESP, I'll probably change the pickups.
I found a video about exact same guitar : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufTEhxu1nM

I can try both of those guitars btw, but I'd like to know whichone is more worth the money !

Thank you !
Depends do you want actives and a TOM/tail or passives and a floyd?

Both guitars will likely play well and both are really nice (to look at etc) go play both and see what you think of em?
They'll both be fantastic guitars. I'd guess that the ESP is worth more, but I prefer the Soloist.
Quote by Seanthesheep
im pretty sure the horizon custom is worht more if itsthe legit custom shop model

No. Old ESP's were ALL made in the Custom Shop, and ALL have the stamp "CUSTOM SERIES" on the back. That doesn't mean they are super expensive guitars. I have a "CUSTOM" ESP from '89, which costed back then new around 1200€, which is a little less than standard series now.

HOWEVER: Old ESP's are the shizzle. They blow the new ones out of the water, trust me. 950$ remains pretty steep though. I'd offer him 850, which is a good price.

The soloist is a very nice guitar too. Probably one of the highest end MIJ Jacksons, and tbh also is worth around 850$ second hand. Try to negociate.

If I'd had to choose, Id pick the Horizon, just because of the bridge. I've had it with floyds. I don't use alot of tremolo, and certainly not in an extreme way, so I certainly don't need a Floyd. Which only makes it a sustain killer and total pain in the ass to change strings and tunings to me. I do prefer passive pickups though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
No. Old ESP's were ALL made in the Custom Shop, and ALL have the stamp "CUSTOM SERIES" on the back. That doesn't mean they are super expensive guitars. I have a "CUSTOM" ESP from '89, which costed back then new around 1200€, which is a little less than standard series now.

HOWEVER: Old ESP's are the shizzle. They blow the new ones out of the water, trust me. 950$ remains pretty steep though. I'd offer him 850, which is a good price.

The soloist is a very nice guitar too. Probably one of the highest end MIJ Jacksons, and tbh also is worth around 850$ second hand. Try to negociate.

If I'd had to choose, Id pick the Horizon, just because of the bridge. I've had it with floyds. I don't use alot of tremolo, and certainly not in an extreme way, so I certainly don't need a Floyd. Which only makes it a sustain killer and total pain in the ass to change strings and tunings to me. I do prefer passive pickups though.

Its a really good price for that guitar here, where I live . Btw I totally agree with you . Im not a big fan of EMG's either and I'd like it to have Seymour's or something but I would like to use Whammy a bit becouse I miss it ( i have a Les Paul atm ) . I suppose I should just try both of them out and decided about the feeling . :P
Quote by futurehope
Its a really good price for that guitar here, where I live . Btw I totally agree with you . Im not a big fan of EMG's either and I'd like it to have Seymour's or something but I would like to use Whammy a bit becouse I miss it ( i have a Les Paul atm ) . I suppose I should just try both of them out and decided about the feeling . :P

You're a smart guy. That is indeed the only thing you can do to asure you make the right decision: test for yourself.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I have a similar or same model Jackson Stars. It is an awesome guitar. It is different to a Horizon though in feel.

Either way the quality is gonna be top notch on both guitars.
I have Horizon Custom and it's a great guitar though it's my Djenty guitar.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I vote for the soloist, it's legendary.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."