Anyone going to the greatest festival on earth this week?

I know this site is full of metalheads which is pretty much the only genre not at the festival. What I love about it is it's a proper arts festival whereas other festivals are boring when the music isn't on there is something 24/7.

Few links to show the lesser known areas that make glastonbury so special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR9vz8_ZSvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_NL_aUMCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38a6wkiBCI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZeq1vM_us

I'm so fricken excited now.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
I'd love to go to Glastonbury. I'm hopefully going to get next year.

Year off next year because they can't get enough portaloos because of the olympics.
I'm heading to Glasto this year. Popping my Glasto cherry.

Benicassim is also a pretty good festival. Usually the music sucks, but the whole vibe is amazing. A sunny beach always helps too.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by Greenie_777
Year off next year because they can't get enough portaloos because of the olympics.

LoL, thats too funny.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
I'm heading to Glasto this year. Popping my Glasto cherry.

Benicassim is also a pretty good festival. Usually the music sucks, but the whole vibe is amazing. A sunny beach always helps too.

You're in for a treat. Don't waste any time in your campsite because you could spend the whole time with no sleep and still not see everything there is. I'm jealous of you popping your cherry.
Wanted to go to Glasto but no one'd go with me so I'm Leedsing it again.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

DJ Shadow, Primal Scream, Lee Scratch Perry, Wu-Tang Clan, Bonobo, London Elektricty, Mount Kimbie, Joker, Queens of the Stone Age, Sbtrkt, Shy FX....

I wish.....
damn it not being in my country and therefore hard to get to
they usually show it on BBC tho
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by Greenie_777
You're in for a treat. Don't waste any time in your campsite because you could spend the whole time with no sleep and still not see everything there is. I'm jealous of you popping your cherry.

I won't be just out of curiosity, how much do the food stalls cost in general? I'm not really taking any food because i don't wanna be heading back the camp site to cook something every time i am hungry. And is the food any good?

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
I won't be just out of curiosity, how much do the food stalls cost in general? I'm not really taking any food because i don't wanna be heading back the camp site to cook something every time i am hungry. And is the food any good?

Depends where you go but expect to pay around £5 most places. You can get pretty much any food you like from Polish to Chinese. It's better than other festivals I've been too as some places are like proper restaurants if you want somewhere to sit down. Of course you've still got all your burger vans and stuff aswell.

If you go to the Greenfields where all the charities are based the food is cheaper and the money goes to a good cause.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Jun 19, 2011,
I'm goingggg, I cannot wait, so so excited!
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Greenie_777
Depends where you go but expect to pay around £5 most places. You can get pretty much any food you like from Polish to Chinese. It's better than other festivals I've been too as some places are like proper restaurants if you want somewhere to sit down. Of course you've still got all your burger vans and stuff aswell.

Sweet! thanks man! Also, booze prices? i'm gonna take vodka with me but is there a 'supermarket' in the festival for mixes and beer. I really cba taking 4 litres of mixers in my back pack.

Getting pretty excited now with all this talk only 2 more days of work to go and plenty of shopping in between.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Wish I was going this year...I think I'd spend the whole time in the dance tents. Hopefully you won't have the torrential rain and all the mud there was when I went a few years ago
Quote by Greenie_777

!?!?!?!

Ahhh **** the Olympics!
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
Sweet! thanks man! Also, booze prices? i'm gonna take vodka with me but is there a 'supermarket' in the festival for mixes and beer. I really cba taking 4 litres of mixers in my back pack.

Getting pretty excited now with all this talk only 2 more days of work to go and plenty of shopping in between.

I never really had the money to buy beer before but I read it's like london pub prices so like £3.50 a pint. But they've got the brothers cider stalls everywhere which is like 7% which get's you pissed quick.

Also make sure you put your vodka in plastic bottles because they take all glass bottles off you when you go in. There is always piles of alcohol next to the gates because of this.
Quote by smb
Wish I was going this year...I think I'd spend the whole time in the dance tents. Hopefully you won't have the torrential rain and all the mud there was when I went a few years ago

Yah! i hate those gimps who say ' It's not a festival unless it's raining'

If it rains i am coming home.

Quote by Greenie_777
I never really had the money to buy beer before but I read it's like london pub prices so like £3.50 a pint. But they've got the brothers cider stalls everywhere which is like 7% which get's you pissed quick.

Also make sure you put your vodka in plastic bottles because they take all glass bottles off you when you go in. There is always piles of alcohol next to the gates because of this.

Good call man! it will be lighter that way too! right, i'm off to the shops to buy baby wipes, toilet paper and other various provisions. Thanks for the tips dog, hopefully you have a good time. xxx

Quote by CoreysMonster
Last edited by ##_Guitar-newb at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
Yah! i hate those gimps who say ' It's not a festival unless it's raining'

If it rains i am coming home.

Don't be a fag just make sure you bring your wellys and a poncho. Drunken mud fights and mud skating can turn it fun if you don't let it get to you.
Haha you're a fair weather festival goer then...you've got to expect some rain
Quote by sugar_daddy
The portaloos are the best and worst thing about festivals, great on the first day, by the third they're like sandcastles of shit and toilet paper, dunno what its like for Glasto.

Whenever I went to Oxegen I paid to go to a slightly nicer toilet since I did 5 shits in 4 days, and I hardly even ate anything o_0

For pisses thought the ports were fine, even the used tampons didn't bother me that much, but who does that......
Quote by Duffman123
Whenever I went to Oxegen I paid to go to a slightly nicer toilet since I did 5 shits in 4 days, and I hardly even ate anything o_0

For pisses thought the ports were fine, even the used tampons didn't bother me that much, but who does that......

I did 1 shit in 4 days at Leeds, ended up blocking the Tesco toilets after the angry woman threatened to close them if someone blocked them again. Oops.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect