Well, guys, I need an advice. I'm a starter player and my vox amp got stupid gain with terrible boost (it should be called "noise boost") and reverb (just not good).
So I need 2 pedals:
Distortion - variety of sound, not just "...core"
Delay - I don't like delays with "artifacts" (some strange sounds are mixed with delayed channel).
And only $200 for both.

Well, it'll be good if distortion will be with many sounds posibilities, and delay will got a long delay time and small loop (not so important)

Your advices, please?

Sorry, I know my english is bad, I know, it's not my native.
PS: Probably you will advice me to go to stores and TRY, but I don't have such option.

Thank you!

PPS: what about EH Metal Muff and Digitech Digidelay or memory toy?
Last edited by nss at Jun 19, 2011,
I would recommend a Boss Power Stack for your distorsion pedal. It has a good variety of sounds. And it's like 100$
Wait... are you playing a Path Finder?

Personally... I'd just sell the amp and get a better one...

If you can flip it for a 100, you can potentially get one of the better beginners' modeling amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Wait... are you playing a Path Finder?

Yes. I like clean and a little bit crunchy sound on this amp, but if you turn gain up too much..

Well, now I'm in Russia and friend of mine will bring me the pedals from US.. New combo is too big
In Russia all stuff are overpriced. As example, metal muff will cost you more than $140, instead of $90 in US
Better off getting a new amp.

Also, please don't recommend Boss dirt boxes. They end up becoming door stops, which is what they excel at.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Getting pedals isn't a solution to your problem. A better amp is. Couldn't your friend just bubble wrap, seal up and cargo the amp?

Anyways that said, I always find EHX's pedals a little mediocre as to their versatility... so I'll not recommend those.

I really don't know how to recommend anything to be honest. A pedal won't improve your tone all that much since the amp isn't great to begin with. Also, your budget doesn't leave much room to play with.

For the delay you can try the Boss DD7 or the Hardwire DL8 Delay Looper.

For the distortion, maybe a Keeley modded DS1, or a Hardwire SC2 Valve Distortion.

Altho I suspect that the 2 pedals together will come out in excess of $250, unless your friend can find them used on CL.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well, 'cause I'm a starter player, can you explain, why does dist. pedal won't make "things better"? If problem was in speaker of the amp, then I'll agree with you. But problem in "internal gain". So pedal will send already distorted sound to an amp... What's wrong here?
Quote by ragingkitty
Getting pedals isn't a solution to your problem. A better amp is. Couldn't your friend just bubble wrap, seal up and cargo the amp?

Nope. It's too long to explain, just the fact - no, he can't. He can brough just a little thing to fit in his little bag.
Spend the $200 on a multifx. The Pathfinder isn't a bad amp. Just run it clean. They allegedly sound really good through an external cab.
Yeah, if you do decide on a mfx unit, I highly recommend the Digitech rp355. It's probably the best unit under $200.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Better off getting a new amp.

Also, please don't recommend Boss dirt boxes. They end up becoming door stops, which is what they excel at.

Most are, but the Power Stack is actually quite nice.
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, if you do decide on a mfx unit, I highly recommend the Digitech rp355. It's probably the best unit under $200.

Damn straight, that one's a beauty. I really would suggest multi fx as opposed to individual pedals for a beginner. They're cheaper and you can get more variety for the moneyz.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Boss SD-1 (Keeley etc mods if you can) + TC Flashback

Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+