I recently bought a black Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR and I don't seem to be able to pull up my tremolo bar very much until it hits the wood below the bridge.

I've got my bridge set horizontally to the body and when I try to pull it up a little bit, it hits the wood below the bridge. I don't know if I should eat away the wood or something.

I also took a picture of my guitar with the back plate removed so you'll understand what I'm talking about.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/backplatel.jpg/
Wow I hope you don't get a stomach-ache eating wood.

Probably very little you can do, apart from routing the wood away, but that would probably impact on your guitar's structural integrity at the bridge.

I'd advise you to either live with it, or trade / flip for another guitar with more pull on the trem.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
steve vai took a chisel to his strat and carved that out(along with the part on the front of the body where the bridge would hit) back in the day before he had the jems

you could route it out a bit
yeah there's not all that much you can do with a set neck. with a bolt-on you could try a neck shim.

live with it or sell it, basically. routing is pretty much more bother than it's worth, and will kill resale value.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?