hey guys, i pretty much have my hear set on buying a good friend of mine's RG Presteige. he said its a 15XXX model not sure exactly but im going to go play it today and i need some advice on what too look for on the guitar too make sure it isnt too beat up or anything. he said cosmetically its flawless. i really want to adapt to the ibanez neck but im afraid i wont if i buy it. is it just something to get used to or is it a love or hate thing? hes selling it cheap....$400 with a case. so basically

what should i look for to make sure its a good buy?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
400 for a prestige? Lucky!

Anyway...

- Playability. Does it feel good to you? Try it out first.
- Make sure everything works
- Make sure it's not a fake
- Does everything look right? E.g. is the neck warped?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by EspTro
hey guys, i pretty much have my hear set on buying a good friend of mine's RG Presteige. he said its a 15XXX model not sure exactly but im going to go play it today and i need some advice on what too look for on the guitar too make sure it isnt too beat up or anything. he said cosmetically its flawless. i really want to adapt to the ibanez neck but im afraid i wont if i buy it. is it just something to get used to or is it a love or hate thing? hes selling it cheap....$400 with a case. so basically

what should i look for to make sure its a good buy?

Make sure it isnt too beat up, check the frets for any dings, plug it in and turn the knobs, listen for any crackling or other sound issues, play it.
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Check to make sure the neck pocket isn't cracked and that the neck is straight. No fret damage. Assuming it's got an Edge trem (i.e. Ibanez Floyd Rose), make sure it stays in tune after whammy dives and bends--if it has a knife edge and anyone has adjusted the action with the strings under tension, that can destroy the knife edge.

$400 for Prestige, heck any problems with electronics (including microphonic pickups, crackling, etc.) can be fixed for way less than what you're saving.
i would really check out the neck for warping, cracks, or excessive wear. pickups and pots arent really that big an issue to me since i do my own electonic repairs. but neck problems to me ruin a guitar. I also love the wornout vintage look of older guitars so paint is a non issue for me.
ok so i just got back (ngd thread coming soon) and i didnt end up buying the ibanez. i know its a prestige and whatnot but i played a jackson dk2m he had and was selling for $400 in addition to a couple other jacksons, and it just sounded a lot better and the neck made me feel more at home then the ibanez neck. i ended up buying the jackson. thanks for all the advice guys, i checked every single thing and that jackson looks like it just got off the production line. again, NGD thread in a couple hours.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Congrats! So where can I find this Prestige for $400? JK...my last NGD was too recent and my wife would kill me.
Quote by jetwash69
Congrats! So where can I find this Prestige for $400? JK...my last NGD was too recent and my wife would kill me.

Lol i would tell u honestly but....u wouldnt get it for 450. He fixes up guitars and outs in a lot of man hours. It will probably go for around 650 when hes done with it
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED