Hey, guys,
So, I'm looking at beginning to build a pedalboard, and I have some questions.

1) Here's the lineup. Green Rhino - Green Screamer - Dano Fish&Chips - Dano FAB Chorus - Nova Delay - ISP Decimator. I know the Dano stuff isn't fantastic, but the two that I chose I've used and like. Is there anything that would be better than what I have? (Working with maybe $500--including power source, below)

2) What is the best thing to use to power them: Daisy Chain or Isolated Power Brick? I've looked at the One Spot and the Fuel Tank Jr. For the One Spot, I know that they aren't friendly with digital delay units, but the Nova comes with it's own power supply, so that won't be an issue. For the Fuel Tank Jr, I would still need an external power adapter for the Green Screamer, but that's the only drawback--besides the price difference. So, then, the question: Will a daisy chain work, or should I go for the Fuel Tank?

I think that's it. I'll post here again if there's anything else.
Thanks so much!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
May I ask why you need two tubescreamers? If its your thing great, but personally I'd move the Green Screamer and buy a different flavor OD for your second OD. Also the Fish n' Chips is a great cheap EQ pedal, but you can def do better than the FAB Chorus for very cheap still. Even a Boss chorus pedal would be an upgrade, not only in sound, but also build quality. I'd be very afraid of that pedal breaking.

Since you have only a handful of pedals a 1spot wouldn't be terrible, but isolated is definitely the way to go if you can. You with your current lineup you can get by with a Fuel Tank Jr and using a separate power supply for the Nova Delay
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
but you can def do better than the FAB Chorus for very cheap still.

If he likes the sound of it that's all that matters.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by lbj273
May I ask why you need two tubescreamers? If its your thing great, but personally I'd move the Green Screamer and buy a different flavor OD for your second OD. Also the Fish n' Chips is a great cheap EQ pedal, but you can def do better than the FAB Chorus for very cheap still. Even a Boss chorus pedal would be an upgrade, not only in sound, but also build quality. I'd be very afraid of that pedal breaking.

Since you have only a handful of pedals a 1spot wouldn't be terrible, but isolated is definitely the way to go if you can. You with your current lineup you can get by with a Fuel Tank Jr and using a separate power supply for the Nova Delay

I bought the Green Rhino, and a friend picked up the Green Screamer for me on a Guitar Center trip because he heard me mention it, and he found it used for $25 there. I'd ultimately like to pick up something for more variety, but I'm only working on the basics right now.
As for the chorus, any suggestions? The same friend had it and let me borrow it, I enjoyed the sound, but if there's something else, I'd consider it. I don't use chorus as much as I use, say, delay, so I couldn't justify dropping $100+ on a chorus pedal. Thus, why I was looking at the FAB. Are there any that you would recommend on the cheaper side?
And I will probably end up the Fuel Tank.

Thanks, guys!
Quote by bAngiel01
I bought the Green Rhino, and a friend picked up the Green Screamer for me on a Guitar Center trip because he heard me mention it, and he found it used for $25 there. I'd ultimately like to pick up something for more variety, but I'm only working on the basics right now.
As for the chorus, any suggestions? The same friend had it and let me borrow it, I enjoyed the sound, but if there's something else, I'd consider it. I don't use chorus as much as I use, say, delay, so I couldn't justify dropping $100+ on a chorus pedal. Thus, why I was looking at the FAB. Are there any that you would recommend on the cheaper side?
And I will probably end up the Fuel Tank.

Thanks, guys!

Take a look at the Starcaster Chorus pedal. It's under $40 on Amazon.
It sounds pretty good too.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by lbj273
May I ask why you need two tubescreamers? If its your thing great, but personally I'd move the Green Screamer and buy a different flavor OD for your second OD.

+1, that's what I was wondering too. Fair enough if you want to do the srv thing, but personally i'd use one ts-style od and another more transparent-type one (or if you don't need both in the one song even one single od which can do both... if such a thing exists, lol)

also the power brick isn't isolated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look on your local craigslist for any Boss Chorus pedals. I'm not saying that it sounds bad, I'm saying anything that your are going to be stepping on that is made out of plastic would make me wary. You can get a Boss chorus for sub $50
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by kutless999
Take a look at the Starcaster Chorus pedal. It's under $40 on Amazon.

that wouldn't be any better than the FAB Chorus...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Dave_Mc
also the power brick isn't isolated.

Yes, but I was not referring to the Dunlop Power Brick. I was referring to the Fuel Tank Jr.
oh ok, just when you said power brick in your post i thought you meant the dunlop one. carry on
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, you should just get a used Boss chorus pedal on EBay.
I picked up a FAB Chorus, new for $9.50. For that price it's good. I might even give it a better casing if I'm bored one day. It's not on my pedal board though as I rarely use chorus these days.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
i would go with the fuel tank, i used a one spot and it damaged two of my pedals that worked fine on 9's perfectly and then got the one spot and screwed up the digi chips in them. go figure visual sound had me send them in and wouldn't claim responsibility on the damages. so $10 down the drain for sending them to VS and telling me their product didn't do the damage. and not even refund me for sending them to them.

id just stay away from visual sound gear but that's my own opinion.