Hey i got my first guitar 2 days ago. I handle her vry carefully to keep that awesome shine. But this evening, while tuning it, i think i've streghtned the strings way too much, and when i started playin, suddently the thin E string popped up, thankfully scratching only my finger, cos if it went higher i coul've lost an eye lol :S
Well, it's a squier deluxe strat, i removed the string, removed the back plate and i found like a wire with a blue circle, i hope thats the tip of the broken string eh?
i loosened with the tuner all other strings and i unscrewed the bridge for place it correctly, cos it moved a bit upwards. Is the guitar ok? right? i'm rly scared :S please help me
Thanks
Don't worry man: it's not a problem Go to a guitar store, and just ask them to A: replace the string, and B: if youcould watch them do it if possible, or if they could show you. Also, google replacing guitar strings while you're at it: there are some helpful videos. Your guitar probably has .10 gauge strings, but ask them what gauge they are anyway.

Also, talk to them about the bridge; avoid unscrewing the bridge in the future: ask them to check it out. You may have to pay a bit, but it'll be worth it.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
I already unscrewed the backplate n bridge cos it was like a step up from the bottom.
I watched a vid after unscrewing all these stuff n things are placed in the guitar to be replaced. But the thing that scares me is that if it isn't goin to sound the same again
I'm 2 frightened and paranoid about it. Anyways i can survive with no thin E string as i merely use it.
PS: strings are Fender Super 250L (tirant: .009-.042)
Last edited by KBJAG at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by polishedbullet
Put some graphite shavings or pencil lead in the neck at the top of the neck and at the bridge where the string rests. It will lubricate those areas and hopefully cover any potential 'sharp' points sticking up.

Will do, Thanks idd
Meh the best thing is that i can't place the bridge, hope it wasn't fkd up when the string popped outside.
Quote by polishedbullet
Put some graphite shavings or pencil lead in the neck at the top of the neck and at the bridge where the string rests. It will lubricate those areas and hopefully cover any potential 'sharp' points sticking up.

Oh, my god. Do not do this. Get some Nut lube or silicone oil from a guitar store. If you have real graphite lubricant that they sell, you can use a tiny bit of that, but still, risky, and not going to stop any sharp points, its just graphite.
heh now i understand why the "DON'T unscrew the bridge". F*ck*ng cheap ass indonesian made guitar, bridge screw and the hole , both rolling -.- meh next time i'll spend 200 euros more and get at least a MIM fender
I mean no offense, but I don't think the problem is with the guitar, I simply think that you don't know what you're doing yet.

Read through this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241 It's stock full of really helpful and useful information that you need to know as a guitar player.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I mean no offense, but I don't think the problem is with the guitar, I simply think that you don't know what you're doing yet.

Read through this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241 It's stock full of really helpful and useful information that you need to know as a guitar player.

Thanks for the link, and tbh thers no really need to know wat i'm doing, they're simply things screwed and attached together so they fit each other. My problem is that one of the bridge screws is strippled...