Just bought earplugs, 18db ones, they kind of look like a screw, or a christmas tree. You should know what I mean.

I know there's custom earplugs, but those are expensive.

Anyways, they're sort of uncomfortable, will I get used to this?
I sleep with earplugs. I never really had a problem, but I'd guess that you will get used to them. Those don't sound like very comfortable shapes, though
Last edited by D&DLover at Jun 19, 2011,
I'm having the same problem with my headphones that I plug into my mfx unit. They hurt the external part of my ear, not my ear drum. Maybe if don't get custom ones it will hurt your ears.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Not sure if theres a difference between those and foam ones (So forgive me if all of this is poo poo), but the proper way to put foam ones in is to lift your ear and pull back, then put them in and let go.
Otherwise you're just cramming it in instead of opening up the canal before seating them in.
Pull them out gently when finished!
Try it and it might help. No harm in that.

otherwise they could be the wrong size or they're not very good.
They should be comfy when thy're in. If they're just a little annoying and aren't hurting, you'll probably get used to them.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
If you find them uncomfortable, try buying Skull-Candy In-earphones.
Since they're Skullcandy's they break easy, but they're really good as earplugs and they're more comfortable than the usual ones.
I wear those all the time when I play drums. They hurt my left ear if they're in too long, but only cause I suspect there's something wrong with my left ear
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Silent Murder
lift your ear and pull back, then put them in and let go.
Otherwise you're just cramming it in instead of opening up the canal before seating them in.
Pull them out gently when finished!
Try it and it might help. No harm in that.

Just tried that, they fit much better. I kind of twisted em in too, like a screw. Much more comfortable now. Thanks all.
i never have gotten use to them, now i use in ear monitoring on stage so i dont really have to worry about it. i wouldnt play without them.
Quote by ClickSwitch
If you find them uncomfortable, try buying Skull-Candy In-earphones.
Since they're Skullcandy's they break easy, but they're really good as earplugs and they're more comfortable than the usual ones.

lol, never buy anything skull candy, the break way too easy.
I got one of those 80$ over ear headsets, and it broke from a lack of use.... wtf?
everyone else I know has also had tons of problems with skull candy stuff.

sony ftw
I have always prefered the disposable squishy foam ones. I think the deaden more sound, fit every ear, and are comfortable for long wear. The three flange ones your talking about come in different sizes also. If you have the wrong size they will hurt and not work as well. Silent Murder is totally correct with how to put ear plugs in though.