So I noticed that the previous owner of my Fender Strat jacked with the saddles and threw off the action completely, enough that some strings are higher/lower off the fretboard than others. How do I fix this; better question, what's the proper way to set up the action/saddles/intonation on a Strat?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by EvilAngel93
So I noticed that the previous owner of my Fender Strat jacked with the saddles and threw off the action completely, enough that some strings are higher/lower off the fretboard than others. How do I fix this; better question, what's the proper way to set up the action/saddles/intonation on a Strat?

ok well the top of the page is the set up thread.

the first post shows that you need a tiny allen wrench to raise the two pegs per saddle to lower the high ones.

ok now that you know that,

you should probably also know that he may have raised some of the saddles to eliminate fret buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011