Hey,

I'm looking for a tremolo pedal. It has to be true bypass, size isn't an issue.

Price isn't an issue as I'll be buying second hand if possible.

Can anyone recommend certain models to look at? I've never even considered a tremolo before so I am clueless on what to look for etc.

Cheers
You can look at the Boss tu-2, Voodoo Labs tremolo, and the EH stereo pulsar tremolo.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
MXR makes a good analog trem, but... if size isn't an issue... real men use a leslie speaker cabinet...
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by kutless999
You can look at the Boss tu-2

(Invalid img)
A Chromatic Tuner?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
The Boss Tremolo is great. Ive got a danelectro cool cat trem, and i love it. rather inexpensive too.
The boss tremolo isn't true bypass.

Anyhow, are you looking for one that can switch between square and sine waves? How fast do you want the rate to be, and how simple do you want the pedal to be?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by kangaxxter
(Invalid img)
A Chromatic Tuner?

Oops,

I meant the TR-2, my bad.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
a modded TR-2 is a really nice pedal. otherwise you can go all out and get the red witch tremolo.

or for the fun and craziness you can get the zvex seek trem or tremorama.
Tr-2 is the best tremolo I've ever played. True bypass is no issue at all with it.
mojostompboxes.com
i like the voodoo lab trem, (i believe there is one with more knobs than other, i like the one with more knobs) but tonally there are a lot of other tremolo pedals that slay it tonnewise.

but the reason i will be buying a voodoo lab one is because i use tremolo so infrequently, does the three minutes of use at a gig make a huge difference as heard from the crowd. to justify double, even triple the price?

that is just my thought however.

i generally go all out as far as amps and med-higher up on guitars. i keep my pedalboard as cheap as possible, while not negatively affecting my gigging tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the Rocktron Reaction Tremolo a lot.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The boss tremolo isn't true bypass.

Anyhow, are you looking for one that can switch between square and sine waves? How fast do you want the rate to be, and how simple do you want the pedal to be?

If you listen to this city and colour song, something along those lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--C0xgwI0bs

I am not sure what you mean by square and sine waves - as I said I've never really delved into tremolo pedals or anything too technical. If anyone could explain it that would be much appreciated!

I'll have a little google now on all of these suggestions, thanks guys.
I'm probably leaning towards a cool cat tremolo. True bypass, and sounds just like what I was thinking. As someone said, it is not going to be used constantly, jsut fora few songs, and therefore I don't think I should be investing so much in a tremolo.

It's that or a second hand boss one probably.
all i can say is the mxr is stupidly overpriced and the marshall one's incredably digital sounding. The seymour duncan one sounds nice, and is the most versatile i've seen for the price
Quote by Duv

Pricey though.

Another vote for the Diamond Tremolo.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
He said he's just using it for a few songs. Do you really think that means he wants to drop $250 on one with tap tempo and a triplets switch?

I saw 'no budget' and started writing a suggestion for the Pigtronics Tremvelope, but once you see what he's actually using it for, there's no reason to spend that much. The cool cat is a perfectly good trem, and at $40 it's a lot more in line with the gear he's using.
Quote by Roc8995
He said he's just using it for a few songs. Do you really think that means he wants to drop $250 on one with tap tempo and a triplets switch?

I saw 'no budget' and started writing a suggestion for the Pigtronics Tremvelope, but once you see what he's actually using it for, there's no reason to spend that much. The cool cat is a perfectly good trem, and at $40 it's a lot more in line with the gear he's using.

Do it anyway. I saw the termvelope and liked it but I also liked the Stutterbox tremolo a lot and I can't decide between the two. I will be using it for lots of stuff since I currently use my ring modulator as a tremolo.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Both are cool units. The input trigger on the Tremvelope is what made me choose it, though. It's such a great effect, and yet subtle enough to use in a lot of situations. Proguitarshop has been selling them at $170 instead of the usual $250 every once in a while.

In this situation, though, I don't think I could recommend something so expensive. Either of those trem pedals would be worth almost as much as his amp. Buying a cheap pedal to get used to the effect and see if you'd want a better one is a good strategy, especially if you're buying used. You're just losing the shipping costs there.
Problem with the dano pedals is that they are hard to adjust on the go with the position of the knobs and also the stacked knobs.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
But then he says
Quote by dannyyy
As someone said, it is not going to be used constantly, jsut fora few songs, and therefore I don't think I should be investing so much in a tremolo.

So I'd say yes, save that extra cash for a better amp when the time comes.
Sorry, my sig is old.

I'm using an Orange AD30 with korg pitchblack, mxr 10 band kfk, ehx big muff usa, boss dd-3, ehx small clone.

Pretty happy with everything else so focusing on the pedal board. May just go for a brand new danelectro, although I'm going to have a look around and see if I can get any of the others mentioned for a similar price second hand. I'll let you know what happens.

Cheers