Now I'm sure this subject comes up a lot, and this is my first post. But this really is bothering me. I've been playing for around six years and I'm so sick and tired of solid states its not even funny. I've demoed a lot of amp heads and I just can't seem to make up my mind. I want my tone to be a great metal tone, but not too bassy so the bass can shine. I'm not really sure what I want. I mean, I don't have much to spend, only 1500 at the most. Open to anything that will give me the most bang for the buck, with limited things I would have to buy to perfect the tone (overdrive, eq, etc). Shoot.
Pretty subjective topic, but most people will tell you a Peavey 5150/6505 or some sort of Mesa Rectifier. If you post some bands you listen to as well as your current gear, we can give you some suggestions.

Also, are you looking at getting a cabinet as well? Because cabinet choice will have a huge effect on your tone, something most people don't realize when they first get into nicer tube amps.
First of all welcome to UG

This thread should really be posted in Guitar Gear & accessories.

1500 isn't really helpful, what's your currency?
What kind of metal do you play, list a few bands you like.
Would you go used?
Is it for home or for gigs or for practising?
What is your closest City?

Answer these and you'll get better answers
Hmm you could find a Randall RM100 for less 1500 on the used market.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
Hmm you could find a Randall RM100 for less 1500 on the used market.

this. i've heard good things bout these. the interchangeable modules seem like a + also
Quote by Arkangela
...but not too bassy so the bass can shine.

Quote by Arkangela
so the bass can shine

Hearing this from a guitar player brings a tear to my eye. :')

(inb4 that guy who hates :'))
REGGIE