Im looking for a song to learn that would help me learn modulations to songs or even a good example of a key change. Any genre.
Peavey PXD Tomb I Electric Guitar
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
Laguna LG300CE Solid-Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Mitchell MD100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
pretty much anything classical.

haydn, bach, mozart...your choice, really. first movements of symphonies, sonatas, the like.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
pretty much anything classical.

haydn, bach, mozart...your choice, really. first movements of symphonies, sonatas, the like.

any suggestions for some thing 1900's ish?
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
Quote by 3rdPerspective
any suggestions for some thing 1900's ish?

sure, but the examples will be less clear and more difficult to analyze, particularly if you haven't analyzed much music before. not to mention they will be to more distantly related keys, and require good compositional technique and knowledge of voice leading to effect. 20th century compositional theory tends to get pretty strange, and is extremely difficult to understand if you don't know your theory very well.

you can maybe listen to some stravinsky, gershwin, bernstein, even some broadway songs. and don't forget to check out the multitude of jazz. you can check out modulations in rock and pop songs, but to be honest with you, most of them are very poor modulations. not all, though, so don't discount it all.

if you're just starting to get into modulations, though, i strongly recommend baroque/classical era music. the modulations are easy to analyze and usually to a related key - most often the dominant or relative major (in a minor key).
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
sure, but the examples will be less clear and more difficult to analyze, particularly if you haven't analyzed much music before. not to mention they will be to more distantly related keys, and require good compositional technique and knowledge of voice leading to effect. 20th century compositional theory tends to get pretty strange, and is extremely difficult to understand if you don't know your theory very well.

you can maybe listen to some stravinsky, gershwin, bernstein, even some broadway songs. and don't forget to check out the multitude of jazz. you can check out modulations in rock and pop songs, but to be honest with you, most of them are very poor modulations. not all, though, so don't discount it all.

if you're just starting to get into modulations, though, i strongly recommend baroque/classical era music. the modulations are easy to analyze and usually to a related key - most often the dominant or relative major (in a minor key).

Thanks!
I say 1900's ish because lately I've been analyzing that era of classical music and am trying to expand. Thanks for the suggestions though, i hope it will help.
Peavey Triumph 60 Combo
'Penny Lane' by The Beatles involves a great deal of modulation, you should check that one out.