guys i've got a 2 chan dual rectifer running at 50 watts because 3 of the power tubes are missing i wana get this bad boy up to 120 or 100 whatever it is so what tubes should i order i've got EL34s in there right now and i do love the tone but i think i'll be happier with 100 watts also what preamps?
i have JJ's in my orange, i also have used svetlana in one of my music man amps. tung sol have a good reputation as well. i think KT77's are also a direct replace for EL34's, JJ has some which should give you a bit more headroom with a more firm low end.

http://thetubestore.com/teslakt77.html

i'd personally do that.

don't dual rec have the 6L6/EL34 option? so you also have a slew of 6L6 options.

if you wanna real nice setup, then i'd look for some old mullard EL34's (just got me a set, fisher audio).

for preamp tubes, i heavily recommend getting a number of 12ax-7's (gold pin, low noise 7025/12ax-7a, ecc803's, etc) and a couple 12at-7's (sometimes they can tighten up a clean channel, or make distortion a bit more usable). i tend to prefer a gold pin 12ax-7 in the input slot/V1 for a more crisp attack (it's preference and you may not like it), but i don't like gold pin tubes anywhere else. i tend to use 12at-7's in the V2 driver tube slot if i use them at all. btw, i use JJ's for the bulk stuff, but have a number of NOS rca, sylvania, telefunken, mullard and magnavox tubes for serious stuff.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 19, 2011,
i think if you put one of each tube type in there you'll unlock bonus mode.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by CatharsisStudio
thanks gumbi, i really have no idea what i am looking for via tube sound so i am gonna try throwing a normal set of jj's in there (never done me any wrong) and taking it from there, its weird how its at 50 watts right now.

it's nice to be able to tweak, but sometimes you have more important things to do
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae