Page 1 of 2
So i went digging for food in my fridge last night, there wasn't much there. so i mixed and matched some stuff onto a premade pizza base. But what i created... was quite literally the best tasting pizza i have ever eaten. And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

Get a pizza base or make your own, and put down cranberry sauce instead of tomato paste for a base. Then put down turkey slices cut into strips, slices brie cheese, onions, and top it with mozzarella cheese. also lightly season with salt or some herbs.

this may seem kind of unprofessional, but i urge everyone to try it.

Quote by jsync
Australia's best pizzerias.

that doesn't sound like something i could take seriously.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Saint78
You were just begging for food poisoning.

How so? There was nothing there really to get food poisoning from (assuming the the turkey slices were the pre-cooked packaged variety).
Quote by robhc
How so? There was nothing there really to get food poisoning from (assuming the the turkey slices were the pre-cooked packaged variety).

they were
Not really a conventional pizza, also I despise cranberries and I don't like onions on my pizza. I'll just stick with the $5 ones at Little Caesars.
sunbather is shit
Quote by cornmancer
Frank Pepe's in New Haven, Connecticut. Thread over.

everything is the best in Connecticut, obviously.

Nomack and Grace will surely agree.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by beefcake122
Not really a conventional pizza, also I despise cranberries and I don't like onions on my pizza. I'll just stick with the $5 ones at Little Caesars.

the cheese and turkey neutralizes the cranberry taste. and it takes on some different characteristics.
Dude

Pepperoni Pizza will always be the best.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by robhc

He didn't have anything to eat so he just pulled random stuff out of his fridge? Unless he's really good at keeping his food up to date there's gonna be stuff in there that has spoiled.
you're a stone fox
also this morning i made my own pizza base, which was better than the premade. so keep that in mind.

i would also like to say this is not a conventional pizza. its much different to anything else i've tried (standard tomato based ones).
Last edited by jsync at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by Saint78
He didn't have anything to eat so he just pulled random stuff out of his fridge? Unless he's really good at keeping his food up to date there's gonna be stuff in there that has spoiled.

If you have food going out of date, you need to look at how much your buying. I always run out of food long before anything goes out of date, as I only buy what I need, not as much as I can.

EDIT: I would also like to assume the majority of people would have the common sense to check the food in their fridges dates regularly, especially if they're going to be eating it. I've only seen one person with out of date food in their fridge, and they were quite dirty any ways, so it didn't really surprise me.
Last edited by robhc at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by robhc
If you have food going out of date, you need to look at how much your buying. I always run out of food long before anything goes out of date, as I only buy what I need, not as much as I can.

same deal. i don't keep off food in my house.
Quote by jsync
the cheese and turkey neutralizes the cranberry taste. and it takes on some different characteristics.

meh, I'm not that adventurous with eating. On the topic of weird pizza my school has a pizza buffet with a special pizza every day of the month, one of the ones they do has peanut butter and hot sauce on it, I haven't tried it but my friend who's a really picky eater loves it and eats hot sauce/peanut butter sandwiches.

EDIT: ALSO on the topic of outdated food, idk if chocolate goes out of date but we had a couple pounds that had been in one of our freezers for 10+ years, and my two friends and I ate all of it, didn't get sick.
sunbather is shit
Last edited by beefcake122 at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by beefcake122
meh, I'm not that adventurous with eating. On the topic of weird pizza my school has a pizza buffet with a special pizza every day of the month, one of the ones they do has peanut butter and hot sauce on it, I haven't tried it but my friend who's a really picky eater loves it and eats hot sauce/peanut butter sandwiches.

EDIT: ALSO on the topic of outdated food, idk if chocolate goes out of date but we had a couple pounds that had been in one of our freezers for 10+ years, and my two friends and I ate all of it, didn't get sick.

peanut butter and hot sauce? im going to have to try that
Quote by beefcake122

Nothing really in chocolate that'll cause any harm when it's out of date. Plus it was in a freezer. It was definitely fine.
Quote by robhc
Nothing really in chocolate that'll cause any harm when it's out of date. Plus it was in a freezer. It was definitely fine.

probably wont taste good. the fat content or sugar content would bloom.
I thought they only ate 'roo burgers and crocodile steaks in australia
kill 'em a lot
Quote by beefcake122

little caesers is absolutely terrible. bad tasting for the price even, $3 frozen pizzas taste much better.
Quote by i_eat_souls
I thought they only ate 'roo burgers and crocodile steaks in australia

yeah no. but i have had and aussie bbq pizza, which is bacon, eggs, kangaroo, emu and bbq sauce. not too great :/
Sounds bad bud not nearly as bad as the "pizza" (if you can call it that) that my cousin concocted for us one night.

It was a tortilla for the base/crust, with barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce, grated pepper jack cheese, and summer sausage cut like pepperoni.
Then it was put in the microwave for a few seconds.

I could only eat one bite D:
Quote by beefcake122

I have work there tonight, the BBQ and the Peri Peri chicken ones are so good.
Quote by mysterion2112
little caesers is absolutely terrible. bad tasting for the price even, $3 frozen pizzas taste much better.

idk, they're one of my favorites lol. Taste-wise they're on the same level as Pizza Hut and Papa John's, but the price and the fact that they're ready to go makes them the best for me.
sunbather is shit
Quote by institutions
Sounds bad bud not nearly as bad as the "pizza" (if you can call it that) that my cousin concocted for us one night.

It was a tortilla for the base/crust, with barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce, grated pepper jack cheese, and summer sausage cut like pepperoni.
Then it was put in the microwave for a few seconds.

I could only eat one bite D:

good job with the microwave. always bake your pizzas. and i can assure you mine actually tastes amazing.
Quote by jsync
good job with the microwave. always bake your pizzas. and i can assure you mine actually tastes amazing.

Have you ever had grilled pizza?
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Have you ever had grilled pizza?

yes. but the base has to be precooked to some extent. i screwed that up once and it wasn't pretty D:
Quote by jsync
yes. but the base has to be precooked to some extent. i screwed that up once and it wasn't pretty D:

You can just use tortilla, and it's actually pretty good.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
You can just use tortilla, and it's actually pretty good.

i did this pizza/tortilla hybrid a while back. just make and grill a tortilla like a pizza, then roll it up like a burrito.

EDIT: and its good if you re-grill the tortilla, that way you have a crispy outside.
Last edited by jsync at Jun 19, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777

That literally made me lol.
Quote by beefcake122
idk, they're one of my favorites lol. Taste-wise they're on the same level as Pizza Hut and Papa John's, but the price and the fact that they're ready to go makes them the best for me.

+1, I love their chs pizza with hotsauce. cant beat it for the price. a whole freakin large pizza for 5 bux, i can eat there lunch and dinner everyday and spend less than I do at the grocery store.
A local pizzeria has a pizza called the Stoner's Pie. It's a pizza topped with mozzerella sticks, French fries, bacon, and pepperoni. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my bucketlist.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by theogonia777

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by cornmancer
Frank Pepe's in New Haven, Connecticut. Thread over.

I've had it. They know how to make a darn good pie. It's fairly messy though, but delicious. Not THE best, but worth every dollar and then some to have.
Page 1 of 2