Hey everyone. I'm currently using a Line 6 UX2 with POD Farm 2.5 and Cubase Essential 5, and I was wondering if anybody could help achieve a sound similar to The Human Abstract or Monuments. Basically, a really tight/low-drive sound that still has a nice chug to it.
Note: I have the Metal Shop expansion.

Thanks!
Compressor > Tubescreamer > Noise Gate > Big Bottom Amp; crank your mids.

A lot of that sound is in the playing technique and editing to grid.
noise gate > tubescreamer > Cali Diamond Plate > Treadplate Cab (condenser mic) > EQ cut at 4kHz > light reverb.

Good to go.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
If your running your guitar directly into your PC and want to use amp modeling software similar to Pod Farm, I think you should try LePou's amp modeling plugins. Any of his amps teamed up with TSE's tubescreamer plugin along with a cabinet simulator will get you an awesome sound. LePou offers an amp called "Le456" which is modelled after an ENGL Powerball, which will most likely give you the sound you're after. Best of all, it's all free! If you wanna set this up and need more help, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to help.
Thanks everyone. Still not quite what I'm after!
@Mauzer1337 - POD has an ENGL model and I can't get it to sound the way I want it.. I have once in the past, but the blue screen got me. :/
Monuments like Altars, or Monuments like....Monuments?

There IS a difference.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Line6 amp modeling. I've got a UX2 myself, and I've fiddled with POD Farm vigorously and barely got anything close to a decent tone. I still think you should try the free amp sims I was talking about. I've been mucking around with amp modeling on the PC for quite a while now, and those are the best tones I've experienced for tight metal. Better then all of the paid programs that I've tried (amplitube, guitar rig, revalver, pod farm).
Quote by Mauzer1337
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Line6 amp modeling. I've got a UX2 myself, and I've fiddled with POD Farm vigorously and barely got anything close to a decent tone. I still think you should try the free amp sims I was talking about. I've been mucking around with amp modeling on the PC for quite a while now, and those are the best tones I've experienced for tight metal. Better then all of the paid programs that I've tried (amplitube, guitar rig, revalver, pod farm).

POD Farm takes a long time to master, but once you do, it walks over any of the free amp sims out there for a lot different applications.