Hey guys

So I bought a brand new Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 head last week. I'm extremely happy with its tone, but the reverb doesnt work.

You can turn the reverb knobs (independent reverb for each channel) all the way up on either channel and there is only the slightest shake of the unit's springs audible. I figure this probably means that theres just a dodgy connection between the amp and the reverb unit, so it might just be a case of opening up the head and unplugging/replugging the RCA jacks for the reverb unit, and if it is a simple fix then its much preferable to driving for 2 hours to take it back to the store and have it shipped to sydney to be fixed or whatever. On the other hand, I'm not sure what kind of Warranty I got yet, and I'm not sure I want to be poking around inside it.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar problem? Any thoughts on how to go about it? Cheers.

tl;dr: my JCM2000's reverb unit doesnt work. Any thoughts on why this may be? How to fix it?
If you bought it new I would take it back to the store and ask if you can get store credit or something similar for them selling you a faulty amp. Tube amps can be kind of finicky, and for such a large investment I would definitely take it to a pro since it should be free.
most of the time factory warrantys don't mean much after a litle bit of useage. pay $100 for shipping to X location for authorized repair shop, wait Y amount of weeks for repair, and Z the time to ship it back to you. when often times a tech may do it cheaper than the shipping to get it to the factory.

i personally don't care about warrantys so if it were me, i would open it up, but thats up to you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think I'd rather get it working than get it replaced. And I've got a few days to think about what to do. Especially seeing as my band has just had a weekend in the studio and we're back in tomorrow to do guitar overdubs, so I really need it for that, reverb or no.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
most of the time factory warrantys don't mean much after a litle bit of useage. pay $100 for shipping to X location for authorized repair shop, wait Y amount of weeks for repair, and Z the time to ship it back to you. when often times a tech may do it cheaper than the shipping to get it to the factory.

i personally don't care about warrantys so if it were me, i would open it up, but thats up to you.

My thoughts exactly. I should probably be a bit wary of taking advice that I want to hear though haha.
Quote by guy_tebache
My thoughts exactly. I should probably be a bit wary of taking advice that I want to hear though haha.

and even if you open it up and not mess around in there, i highly doubt they would notice it, or you could play dumb and insist it was opened by somebody at the shop.

i am not one of deceit, but it is just an idea.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/