Hi everyone, I'm really new to recording and stuff so bear with me please haha. I recently picked up a UX1 Toneport used to start recording some stuff for fun and I'm having trouble setting up my line out to my monitor etc. Currently I can't get any sound from it because I'm running my computer through ZCinema Logitech speakers and don't really have money for monitors. The problem is that the line out to a monitor is a cable jack and these Zcinema speakers use a usb that plugs straight into the computer. Is there any way I can screw around with settings in either the actual podfarm software or on my computer to have my audio coming out of my speakers? Any ideas or advice would be appreciated as I'm currently stumped. Thanks in advance
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
Hi everyone, I'm really new to recording and stuff so bear with me please haha. I recently picked up a UX1 Toneport used to start recording some stuff for fun and I'm having trouble setting up my line out to my monitor etc. Currently I can't get any sound from it because I'm running my computer through ZCinema Logitech speakers and don't really have money for monitors. The problem is that the line out to a monitor is a cable jack and these Zcinema speakers use a usb that plugs straight into the computer. Is there any way I can screw around with settings in either the actual podfarm software or on my computer to have my audio coming out of my speakers? Any ideas or advice would be appreciated as I'm currently stumped. Thanks in advance

u need seperate speakers plugged into toneport,i just got a couple cheap mini speakers,does the trick,toneport is awesome enjoy
I use ASIO4ALL2 drivers and in my DAW (Reaper) set my input as my POD GX and output as my onboard soundcard, in your case you'd choose your USB speakers, then you can arm and monitor a track running pod farm as a VST.

Alternatively you can do the above but instead of monitoring the armed track, just use some headphones plugged into the UX1 for tracking and when you hit play in your DAW, if you've got your I/O's set up correctly, what you've recorded will play through your speakers.
As the above poster said, you can use ASIO4ALL to set up your UX1 as the input, then your speakers as the output, but you will fall victim to audio glitches if you don't set your latency to almost unplayable lengths. I recommend buying some cheap speakers that are able to plug into your UX1 temporarily until you can get yourself some nice studio monitors.