Page 1 of 2
Last night a local tattoo shop and Pizza Delight burned to the ground overnight, and everyone in my small town of about 7,000 was incredibly shocked. (Pic below).

We thought it was some sort of accident since there are ovens and shit all over Pizza D's, but about an hour ago I saw a picture of the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing building burning, and while on the phone with a friend in the area I could hear sirens, things exploding and apparently there were blue flashes of light from transformers exploding. This is the first non shaky picture I found on Facebook of one of the current fires:

There's fires in at least two buildings, and people are being evacuated from whole subdivisions of houses apparently. I'm going on pedal bike now to check it out, I'll try to post pics when I get back.

EDIT: So apparently there aren't as many fires as people were saying on Facebook, which only leaves on major fire not three. However, it's still pretty intense. If you guys want, post pictures or stories of local forest/house/building fires in your city or town.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 20, 2011,
Holy ass Batman! Our town is burning!

At least it's just Learning St.
Get in the whale sling!
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I love the newfies.

Quote by SteveHouse
Newfies, everywhere

Newfoundlanders of UG!
UG Drum Forum!

"If you sig it, they will come...."
Last edited by Mokane3562 at Jun 19, 2011,
thats nothing... i live in vancouver
not that anything is going on anymore
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
Michael Bay must be making a movie there.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by edvac
thats nothing... i live in vancouver
not that anything is going on anymore

Yay, pissing contest about arsen. Good one.
Get in the whale sling!
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I love the newfies.

Quote by SteveHouse
Newfies, everywhere

Newfoundlanders of UG!
UG Drum Forum!

"If you sig it, they will come...."
Quote by DonGlover
Michael Bay must be making a movie there.

yeah, but if that was the case, they wouldn't be evacuating until the movie is playing in the local theater.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
well on the upside, at least there will be a whole sale on singed pharmaceutical drugs.

or is that parmaceutical drugs, i cant tell D:
Quote by theogonia777
yeah, but if that was the case, they wouldn't be evacuating until the movie is playing in the local theater.

He'd probably rig the perimeter of the town with mines so they can't leave. Nothing escapes his explosive fury.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by jsync
well on the upside, at least there will be a whole sale on singed pharmaceutical drugs.

or is that parmaceutical drugs, i cant tell D:
Yeah it is. They didn't get burnt because their whole building is encased in steel siding though.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah it is. They didn't get burnt because their whole building is encased in steel siding though.

well i suppose you have to keep those prescription drug addicts out somehow.
We had an old barn burn down here in my town of 8,000 awhile back. That sucker made for some pretty big flames. Come out the movie theater & here we thought this house was on fire. Find out the next day it was some old, rotted out barn behind someone's house.
Quote by Dio10101
Fixed

idocwutudidther, but – if I remember correctly – Pizza Delight is a chain.
MATTERHORN
More pics:

Apparently there's no fire on Learning (the street close to me), and I couldn't be arsed to bike all the way down to Royal just to take pics. So I stole them off Facebook. To explain the thread title I was getting reports from people that there were currently 3 fires raging instead of one, so I was like "Ahhh sheeiitt, everything is burning!"

Still pretty weird that there would be two major fires in as many nights though.

This thread is now a fire discussion/picture posting thread. Edited OP.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Why does Varg look so adorable?

Because he is.

Straight dude here by the way.

>_>
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
Because he is.

Straight dude here by the way.

>_>

This is one of my favourite pictures of him. Except for that ridiculous get-up, he looks really, really good. I mean, that's a handsome face.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
*awesomeness*
This is one of my favourite pictures of him. Except for that ridiculous get-up, he looks really, really good. I mean, that's a handsome face.

Even better?

EDDIT: Also TS, do you know anyone who was really affected? Ie employees, etc.
The playground of the world
Seems like now this thread is about straight guys posting pics of guys they think are hot.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by Eddie4President

Even better?

Oh, my.

*luminescent blush*
Quote by BillyRamone
Seems like now this thread is about straight guys posting pics of guys they think are hot.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Oh, well if that's what we're doing...
Quote by Eddie4President
My brother worked there full time all summer, and his ex-girlfriend/my acquaintance's father has worked there for 20+ years. My brother (Mokane3562) personally knows a lot of the workers down there, maybe he has something to add.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Sorry, TS.

Were there any casualties?
Thankfully no, because the street where a fire was reported earlier but actually turned out false had a really serious house fire a few years ago. Five people died, including one thirteen year old kid who I knew pretty personally. I still find it pretty sad to think about actually.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Five people died, including one thirteen year old kid who I knew pretty personally. I still find it pretty sad to think about actually.

Shit, that's terrible, Pat.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Shit, that's terrible, Pat.
It really is. I used to be one of his seniors in the local Army Cadets squadron, even though he was younger he was cool enough to hang out with us. He always used to buy food at the canteen and share it with us, and I used to talk with him in the back of the bus during the whole half hour long ride to and from the squadron building. He grew up in a rough part of town, and somehow during a party where all the adults around were completely wasted, they caught the house on fire and none of them were sober enough to save the children upstairs. The only news I can remember being worse than his death was my guitar teacher's. I wasn't the kids friend per se, but I knew him enough from seeing and talking with him weekly to know what kind of big heart he had and how determined he was to make something of himself when he had grown up in poverty and crime. It always makes me sad and angry when I talk of him and his death, because he had real potential and it was wasted because of the bad decisions made by people he had trusted and known his whole life.

Anyway, if you're interested this is the Facebook group in his memory:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18475483662&v=info
Quote by Pat_s1t
It always makes me sad and angry when I talk of him and his death, because he had real potential and it was wasted because of the bad decisions made by people he had trusted and known his whole life.

I totally know what you mean.
http://map.sdsu.edu/fireweb/

A couple dozen friends of mine lost their homes, and I was evacuated from my house (didn't lose it, thank god).

It was NOT a good week to be a San Diegan.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Page 1 of 2