So my distortion pedal got messed up and I'm curious if there's a way to fix the problem with it. First off it's a cheap Washburn Lyon pedal from Target. It was a decent pedal that served it's purpose until it started to malfunction, and I got a new better pedal. The problem I now have with it is that if I knock the pedal, plug the AC in a certain way, or just simply stomp the pedal to turn it on/off it will start hissing and get super loud and epic feedback. To stop it from hissing I have to wiggle the AC adapter a bit to turn off the loud hissy sound.

Is there a DIY way to fix this problem?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I think you should just get a new one, or get a new power adapter. How much was the pedal anyways?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I think you should just get a new one, or get a new power adapter. How much was the pedal anyways?

Idk I bought it 5 years ago. I don't think it's the adaptor, it works fine on other pedals, just not on this one, and the same thing happens when I use a 9v battery, the only difference is that I can't fix the hissing sound when it's bumped with the battery.

I'm just curious if there's a way to fix it at home.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I would not know how to fix it then.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food