Page 1 of 2
So...a friend that I've known for years has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and, I just don't know how to feel right now. She's 19 years old, and I just need to know what are some of the best things I can do to make her final months comfortable, what must I do, Pit?
im really sorry to hear that.

if it was me i would be on the phone to every doctor trying to find something that can help. but thats just me.

make here feel comfortable. thats really all i can say.
Shit man that's horrible. I can't imagine what that would be like to hear and deal with at such a young age
Quote by StratoCatser
fap
C'mon man, this is a serious thread.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 20, 2011,
Rape.

I'll read the OP now.

EDIT: I know that feeling, TS. I don't know if it's a possibility, but I'll tell you what I did for my friend.

Road trip. Take her everywhere she wants to go, show her everything she wants to see. Wing the whole trip, just get in the car and go.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at Jun 20, 2011,
I'm sorry dude Just be there for her, whatever she needs, just be there and comfort her

Quote by StratoCatser
fap

gtfo
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by StratoCatser
fap
Quote by PlayMadness
Rape.
Get out now. That wasn't funny.

TS, I'd just be there for her. Try to make her life fun, but also try to help her deal with it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 20, 2011,
Hang out and stuff (if at all possible). Just let her know that you care and that she's not alone.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Learn her favorite song on guitar. then play if for her. doesnt have to be a sad emotional song but something she enjoys.

Just be there for her man. As often as you can.
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Quote by badguitarist13
Learn her favorite song on guitar. then play if for her. doesnt have to be a sad emotional song but something she enjoys.

Just be there for her man. As often as you can.

Mmm. Gives me an idea.

Visit her every day and play her a new song every day if you're really ambitious.

Sorry to hear about that though. :/
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
You should probably do as much as possible to get her mind off the things, oh you know... concerning death. Spend time with her.
Oh, shit, man... That's horrible.

Well, other than what everyone else has already said, all I have to say is "Live like you were dying." Make her last days something special, don't let her go miserable.

Yeah that country song that's played nonstop on country radio but has relevance in this situation.

Ask her what she's always wanted to do, do some travelling, stuff like that.

Yeah, I know this post is cheesy. I'm not good with serious.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 20, 2011,
Hope that shit aint contagious...
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Create a fun "bucketlist" and make sure you get through as much as possible. Things she's always wanted to do.... within reason, of course.

I've lost friends through various means over the years and it's painful. Hope all goes well.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Thank you all for your suggestions (except for a certain post). I guess I'm just shocked and at the same time lost, I've never had this happen before, but I'll make sure that her last few months in this world are comfortable and fulfilling.
Depends on the person I guess. Some would be overwhelmed with joy if you show that you care, others just want you to act natural I have no experiences with these kinds of things

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Get her to write a bucketlist and do as much on that list as physically possible. Spend lots of money making her happy and enjoy what life she has left. Even if you're saving for a holiday or something, it doesn't matter, you can easily make that money back. Just do something for her that makes it obvious you appreciate her friendship.
Dude sorry to hear it What exactly is happening to her? Just if she's going to slowly become less mobile or something like that you'll want to do some things in a certain order so she can still enjoy everything as much as possible.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
That's just shit.

Just spend the time she has left trying to make her the happiest girl in the world. Make it special for her.

I'm terribly sorry
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Make her happy the last time she's got. Let her really enjoy herself.

Spend time, go out, do stuff.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I can't imagine how your friend or you feels so my sympathy goes to both.

Just do what you feel is right to make her as happy as possible i guess.

Sorry
That has got to suck. Well, do show her that you care, but don't overdo it. Be emphatic and don't ever mention words like "last months" etc. In many cases such predictions happen to be way wrong and people get to live a lot longer. As long as she keeps thinking positive, it'll be all good, well, as good as it can be for someone who is diagnosed such an illness..
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Terminal illnesses are often misdiagnosed as previously stated. Also. terminal illnesses sometimes take a very long time to manifest themselves in death. For example, AIDS is a terminal illness, but often times it takes a very long time for it to actually kill the host.

Simply, I am saying, don't give up hope or fight, because once you've done that, it really is over.
So sorry to hear that. I was in this same situation in high school. Friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer and passed away our senior year. All he ever wanted us to do was to act as natural as possible so he could enjoy his remaining time and not dwell on the fact that his time was about to be cut short. He basically deteriorated right in front of us and that made the whole experience extremely difficult. I say just be there for her. Hang out with her, talk with her and just do all the normal things you guys do. Just do them more often.
Don't treat her differently to how you used to (within reason). I like the road trip idea too
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by JD2k9
Find a cure.
Doesn't weed cure cancer?

Notsureifserious.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Take her to the park as a nice day out.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by PlayMadness
Road trip. Take her everywhere she wants to go, show her everything she wants to see. Wing the whole trip, just get in the car and go.

this. do every fun thing across the whole damn country you can imagine, and even some you couldn't have imagined. amusement parks, crazy restaurants, national parks, whatever. live life like there's no tomorrow, and make every damn moment count.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
this. do every fun thing across the whole damn country you can imagine, and even some you couldn't have imagined. amusement parks, crazy restaurants, national parks, whatever. live life like there's no tomorrow, and make every damn moment count.

I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant with a mental illness if I was dying. Just sayin'.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant with a mental illness if I was dying. Just sayin'.

if the building is mentally unstable, the food is better. everyone knows that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Man, this made me get bad thought about my friends what would I do if this happened? I guess, because I am too sentimental, I would either become a great guitar player or suicide.

BUT, that is not the question here. I think you should just make her happy. In any way possible. Just, call her once in a while, talk and go out and do the things you´ve always done, but don´t make her think of what she will loose. And remind her there will always be a picture of her hanging in the corridors of your veins (heart).
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Spartan101400
Brain Tumor
I'm sorry to hear that. However, tumor =/= death. There is still a chance.
Sorry Spartan that sucks man
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by Spartan101400
Brain Tumor

How long does she have? And is she undergoing treatment, either radio or chemotherapy?

I suggest going on fairly normally, but taking time to just chill with her. Maybe take some DVDs round she loves and sitting and watching them with her. She'll appreciate the fact you aren't treating her like she's already dead.

Obviously thought treatment may hamper any plans since she'll most likely feel absolutely awful after a session.
Quote by SG_dave
How long does she have? And is she undergoing treatment, either radio or chemotherapy?

I suggest going on fairly normally, but taking time to just chill with her. Maybe take some DVDs round she loves and sitting and watching them with her. She'll appreciate the fact you aren't treating her like she's already dead.

Obviously thought treatment may hamper any plans since she'll most likely feel absolutely awful after a session.

Her father told me 4-6 months.
Page 1 of 2