The Order of the Phoenix
12 13%
The Half-Blood Prince
17 19%
The Deathly Hallows
14 15%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
Well, I just finished re-reading the series in preparation for the upcoming movie. It's not like I'm a huge Harry Potter maniac, but they are good books and it is Summer so why not read em.

Anyway, this thread is a question of Which Harry Potter Book is your favorite and why?

Personally, the Half-Blood Prince, or the sixth book, is my favorite. It's so damn intense. Never a dull moment. It has elements of true-love, which, lets be honest, I'm kinda a sucker for. All around a brilliant book.

On a related note, the fifth book, or the Order of the Phoenix, was my least favorite. Not because it was a badly written book, but rather because it was unbelievably frustrating to read. **** that Umbridge bitch.

BTW PIT, PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. FOR REAL, DON'T BE THAT GUY.
Last edited by axethrower13 at Jun 20, 2011,
I didn't read 6 or 7. Only got halfway through the 5th thanks to bitches telling me what happens.

I liked that half though. But Azkaban was my favorite.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I should probably reread 'em, but it's prisoner of azkaban. Hippogryphs are awesome and the movie sucked so much it made the book better in comparsion
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Erm, didn't read 7, and can't remember 6 that well except that Dumbledore dies. So I'll have to say, 4?

Cool, it's a good thing you didn't spoil the ending of that book, cause that would suck.
Quote by axethrower13
Cool, it's a good thing you didn't spoil the ending of that book, cause that would suck.

If you didn't know that by now then you live in a cave.
Check out my band Disturbed
I liked the one with the freaky guy who was born to some virgin chick and started doing miracles....he dies in the end though and it's a bit long.....

OT: Half-Blood Prince or the Deathly Hallows. Love them all though
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 20, 2011,
I absolutely love the Hallows.

It's going to be very difficult to not discuss the books without spoiling them, you know? I mean, the series has been over for three or four years.
Yeah, its true, they are extremely hard to discuss w/o spoiling them. At least put a spoiler alert in case anyone cares. But its the truth, if you haven't read them by now, let's be honest, you won't.
Half-Blood Prince, hands down. The first half of Deathly Hallows was camping and the second half was bullshit. Not much to spoil there.
Does anyone else get real frustrated with the movies? For instance, in the sixth movie, Harry is underneath Dumbledore when all the shit goes down. He has is wand drawn, when Snape suddenly appears behind him and signals for him to be quiet.

This isn't in the book! Like at all! In the book, Harry is paralyzed from a hex. And Snape, nor does anyone, ever see Harry. That's not just a director's opinion, that's like a total change!
Quote by axethrower13
Does anyone else get real frustrated with the movies? For instance, in the sixth movie, Harry is underneath Dumbledore when all the shit goes down. He has is wand drawn, when Snape suddenly appears behind him and signals for him to be quiet.

This isn't in the book! Like at all! In the book, Harry is paralyzed from a hex. And Snape, nor does anyone, ever see Harry. That's not just a director's opinion, that's like a total change!

That whole film was way off. I do like the most recent film though.
Half blood prince, The ending was awesome but at the same time it suck because I wanted to keep reading
I like The Deathly Hallows a lot.

Though I'm only halfway through it.. I really need to re-read and re-watch all of them. The final movie comes out soon too.
I read The Philosopher's Stone when it was first released in the US, and I never read another one after that.

That's actually very strange, since I really enjoyed it.
Quote by axethrower13

yeah, Harry's like FMMMMMGSRRRRWWWWWWWWWW
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by slipknot5678
That whole film was way off. I do like the most recent film though.

I wouldn't go that far. I think a lot of it was spot on, especially Fred and George's joke shop. Obviously there was some stuff that needed to be omitted for the sake of time. The only other thing I noticed that was off was that Luna found Harry on the train in the movie, instead of Tonks like in the book. Also in the movie you see more of Malfoy, which makes sense, cause as a movie, you need to treat it a little differently.

The thing I didn't get was why the burrow was attacked and burned down. And why the end fight scene was cut, that especially sucked.
I find that having read the Deathly Hallows makes Half-Blood Prince all the more bittersweet.
Quote by axethrower13
I wouldn't go that far. I think a lot of it was spot on, especially Fred and George's joke shop. Obviously there was some stuff that needed to be omitted for the sake of time. The only other thing I noticed that was off was that Luna found Harry on the train in the movie, instead of Tonks like in the book. Also in the movie you see more of Malfoy, which makes sense, cause as a movie, you need to treat it a little differently.

The thing I didn't get was why the burrow was attacked and burned down. And why the end fight scene was cut, that especially sucked.

Yeah, I exaggerated. That burrow scene was stupid because it was completely made up and didn't fit the plot (the burrow is still there obviously). It's like they just had to have some big fight scene in the middle to keep things interesting, and then they toned down the ending. Many of the details were spot on, but the plot as a whole was very different. Many scenes didn't happen in the book and weren't needed. Many important scenes were ommited (possible spoiler: when Tom Riddle murders his family).
Quote by axethrower13
This isn't in the book! Like at all! In the book, Harry is paralyzed from a hex.

I completely agree. That movie in particular has done a very poor job of portraying Harry's character.
Quote by slipknot5678
Yeah, I exaggerated. That burrow scene was stupid because it was completely made up and didn't fit the plot (the burrow is still there obviously). It's like they just had to have some big fight scene in the middle to keep things interesting, and then they toned down the ending. Many of the details were spot on, but the plot as a whole was very different. Many scenes didn't happen in the book and weren't needed. Many important scenes were ommited (possible spoiler: when Tom Riddle murders his family).

Super-agree about Tom Riddle killing his family. That whole memory explaining his origins seems way too important to have passed up. It sets strong foundation for understand the man. Yeah, now that I think about it, they really should've tried to add that in.
I liked the 5th the most. Harry's description really developed as far as weaknesses go and all of the characters take form in a more personal way. shit also gets real.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by slipknot5678
Especailly that opening scene.

Pretty girl at a subway station... dragon blood would have been a nice touch.

The opening scene to Deathly Hallows was even more disappointing. I was expecting to see Dudley's repentance.
Half-blood Prince.

It used to be Azkaban but once I started reading HBP I could not put it down. I read it in about a week, and that's seriously impressive for me, considering I read fairly slow and hardly ever read books, ever.

I didn't read the last half of Goblet of Fire and I never read Order of the Phoenix. I've read everything else though.

Great books.
Last edited by Ignite at Jun 20, 2011,
lolz, i dunt read Pot.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Prisoner is so much better than the others, it's not even worth commenting on.
I like them all, but Azkaban is special because it's when shit began to get real.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Judging by comments and poll I think I might need to find me a copy of HBP.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
gof is the last one i could say i thoroughly enjoyed. had a bad experience with the fifth book, actually threw up while reading it in the car, sixth book was just like wtf is this shit, didn't even bother reading the last one.
Page 1 of 2