Ok, now that the title has hopefully got your attention, I have a strange noise going on with my amp. When using my clean channel (I play a Carvin X100B with a Jackson with EMGs) and attacking the strings quite heavily, there is a quick farty noise underneath the guitar sound. What could this be?
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
High output signal? Maybe strum more gently?
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
It's not a clipping sound, so it's not natural breakup.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
It could be a lot of things.

But if it's only to your amp's clean channel -- the first thing I would suspect is pre-amp tubes.
if not that.... then some other part of yer amp.
Quote by cringer

if not that.... then some other part of yer amp.

That REALLY narrows it down
Could be a microphonic power tube. That's pretty much the sound a microphonic power tube can make. If not, the amp's speaker's spider could be damaged. I would go with a microphonic power tube. You can check it by taking a small wooden dile and poking each power tube while the amp is powered up to hear for the sound you are describing. If the tube is silent it should be fine if it makes a "boinging" sort of noise its gone bad.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Could be a microphonic power tube. That's pretty much the sound a microphonic power tube can make. If not, the amp's speaker's spider could be damaged. I would go with a microphonic power tube. You can check it by taking a small wooden dile and poking each power tube while the amp is powered up to hear for the sound you are describing. If the tube is silent it should be fine if it makes a "boinging" sort of noise its gone bad.

This.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by Tyler.Allain

Good knowledge. Is there any particular method of poking I should be using? Or am I reading too much into it?
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Quote by EL2T
Is there a bassist in the room?

Brilliant. Well worth the effort, that post. Such insight!

/sarcasm
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Ass much as I 'd love to post some smart ass comment..

Sometimes on a closed cab a few screws will come loose allowing air to "vent" out a loose back panel or around the frame of a speaker making that familiar noise. Make sure everything is sealed up tight.
Quote by Bidley
Good knowledge. Is there any particular method of poking I should be using? Or am I reading too much into it?

Just be gentle so you don't shatter a tube. Sorry this response is so late. I have been MIA for the last few days.