Hey all,
I have recently moved out and am looking for a new practice amp as my old one was broken beyond repair due to a heavyhanded mover (me :C) I havent purchased a new amp for nearly 3 years and haven't kept upto date with recent releases. Im looking to spend around £80 to £150 and Im mainly a blues player with a little rock thrown in. Any advice would be most welcome. HELP!
Thanks!
i got a vox ac4tv a year or two ago and its magic for practicing. Dont get me wrong, it's mega loud for 1/4w but the tone when you've got single coils goin is awesome. Got some good overdrive if you turn it up and its really warm sounding. Its worth a look, i think you can get them pretty cheap used and its all tube too. Really organic sounding. The neck pick up on my tele is so woody sounding. I use a simple boss OD pedal, not that great but the warmth from the amp really adds to your tone. With something like an OCD or boutique pedal I think it would sing. Check it out.
Both good suggestions thanks. The problem with tube amps is the price though. I have had my eye on either the fender mustang 1 or an Orange crush 20 In my local music shop? Or are there some other similar priced tube amps around that have escaped me?
I have a Roland cube 15x and it is a great practise amp. Sometimes I plug my rp355 into it and it sounds very good. There's no blues setting on the cube and the overdrive and distortion are very muddy. Its very durable. Ive had it for 4 years and I have had no problems with it. It's pretty cheap and if you do get it, you could just get a Boss blues driver to plug into it or something like that. So go check it out.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Fender G-Dec 3 Thirty is an excelent practice amp. looper, backingtracks and a decent interface for PC use as well. Sounds good (imo) if you spend some time with it.
I changed out my Cube for it and am glad i did.
My band:

Vox Pathfinder 15R would be pretty decent for what you play too. It's one of the better sounding Practice amps out there.

If you can find an AC4TV in that budget range though, that would hit the nail on the head.

The AC4TV8 is only 9 quid over your budget, you can probably find it cheaper too:

http://www.guitar-village.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?pid=8383
Bugera V5 might be a good tube alternitave (don't know what they go for where your at.
Look at Andertons web site since your in GB.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I love my Mustang 1, it's a great practice amp and for Bluesy type stuff the Fuse software will have you up and running in no time. For £90 this amp is a real bargain in my opinion.

Paul
Quote by Dan_5893
Vox Pathfinder 15R would be pretty decent for what you play too. It's one of the better sounding Practice amps out there.

If you can find an AC4TV in that budget range though, that would hit the nail on the head.

The AC4TV8 is only 9 quid over your budget, you can probably find it cheaper too:

http://www.guitar-village.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?pid=8383

Everything about this post, TS
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I'm selling a Vox ACTV10 for £120 collected (£130 posted).

Sounds like it would do the trick perfectly

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398953

Got serviced in September and I've rarely used it since. Had a tube change etc.
Last edited by Duv at Jun 20, 2011,
Thanks Guys, well after a hard days research and thought i'm totally sold on the Vox AC4TV. Gonna splash the extra cash from some eBay sales on the 10" once I get back from my holiday!
Thanks Again!
I don't mean to be rude Duv but when it comes to Guitar gear I always prefer new as opposed to 2nd hand. Sorry matey.
Roland Cube all the way for me - although I've not tried a Fender Mustang yet - they're supposed to be really good.
For all your cabling needs.....KaBL