Hello,
I want to start listening to Eric Clapton mainly to get some ideas for blues licks etc the trouble is he has so many albums can anyon recommend me any with the best solos or songs he has released?
Thanks
clapton has been through many different phases with his music.

you mention blues licks, the 'from the cradle' album would be best for that.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Unplugged, From the Cradle, Derek and the Dominoes. Those would be the best for blues and his live performances is where Clapton truly shines. His recordings are great but nothing compares to him live so look those up for some really inspiring licks.
Listen to cream!
Also his live in hyde park is my favorite performance!
the beno album ...john mayall & the bluesbreakers...steppin out is a classic
Quote by bennyboi04
Hello,
I want to start listening to Eric Clapton mainly to get some ideas for blues licks etc the trouble is he has so many albums can anyon recommend me any with the best solos or songs he has released?
Thanks

The best place to start is in the beginning with The Yardbirds (caution it is early Yardbirds before he left), and The Cream; it was all blues just with distortion. My personal favorites are Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominoes. Good place to begin just don't stop there keep looking and listening. Also, there is some great stuff on the Cream reunion at The Royal Albert Hall. Might suggest you also listern to others closely related like the great Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters.
Eric Clapton is phil collins shadow..hmmm...now i know why they both have almost the same tunes.