Hello, everyone!
I've been playing acoustic guitar for almost three years now and I'm looking into buying an electric guitar, the thing is, I don't have a single clue about guitar types, what it's supposed to sound like, what guitars are best suited for a genre, etc. so I decided to ask you guys for help on this matter.

I usually play grunge and hard rock songs and I'm looking to find a guitar that has a sweet spot between those two genres. Since I live in Portugal, the choice here is very limited, so the more popular the guitar brand/model is, the easier it is to find around here.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this kind of stuff, since I didn't find any other place suited for this topic
Ibanez, Shecter, Jackson, ESP, all come to mind. It really depends on what features your looking for. Like, thin neck, crunch, neck shape, body shape, tone/wood, you know that kind of stuff.

My personal favorites are Jackson and Ibanez.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

What is your price range?
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
I'm not super in touch with Euro conversion, but I think that the Fender Blacktop series may good for you (maybe just because I love Fenders). You say that you want to play grunge, and Kurt Cobain, the downright god of grunge, played Fenders! The humbuckers on them will support the higher distortion for hard rock.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Quote by mark66saints
I'm not super in touch with Euro conversion, but I think that the Fender Blacktop series may good for you (maybe just because I love Fenders). You say that you want to play grunge, and Kurt Cobain, the downright god of grunge, played Fenders! The humbuckers on them will support the higher distortion for hard rock.

I'll second this, the Blacktop is what came to mind as I read the OP.
Quote by brandon2784
Ibanez, Shecter, Jackson, ESP, all come to mind. It really depends on what features your looking for. Like, thin neck, crunch, neck shape, body shape, tone/wood, you know that kind of stuff.

My personal favorites are Jackson and Ibanez.

Well Schecter guitars are almost impossible to find around here, although, I have seen some. As for the neck, the thickness doesn't matter much although I would prefer something not too thick and too thin, for body shape, something like a Schecter PT Fastback comes to mind or the generic body shape of an acoustic guitar, tone preferably black, crunch I'd like grungy/hard rock, like Seether.
+1 to all those that have recommended the Blacktop Fenders
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Blacktop Tele, Epiphone LP standard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
essentially anything with humbucking pickups that is comfortable for you to play. grunge and hardrock really don't require a particularly specialized instrument, but rather the require an instrument that can handle decent amounts of distortion.

have you given any though to what amp to get?
Quote by krehzeekid
essentially anything with humbucking pickups that is comfortable for you to play. grunge and hardrock really don't require a particularly specialized instrument, but rather the require an instrument that can handle decent amounts of distortion.

have you given any though to what amp to get?

Not really, that was gonna be one of the other questions I was going to ask. As for the guitar (Fender Blacktop Telecaster), I've read some reviews and it seems like the perfect guitar for me, thanks.