Hi guys,

I could possibly score some cheap EMG passives and was wondering if I can install them on my 2Vol. 2To. Epiphone SG?

Will it be compatible with my 'normal' wiring?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yes you can solder the non pickup end of the quick connect to your normal wiring.

I dont think passive EMGs have the best rep though, you can probably get much better passive pups if passive is what you want.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Their actives are so much better. I have a passive at the moment and i definetly prefer actives. but thats just my opinion . you do need to change pots and everything to put them in, but its all solderless. handy for n00bs like me
It's only going to cost me $20 for the pickup so I thought I may as well give it a whack. They're going to replace some pretty shitty stock pups so anything will be an improvement.

Cheers.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
yeah, you should be able to just unhook the stock pickups, and put the same wires on the EMGs in their place. if i remember correctly, your stock pickups should be 2 conductor, and the passive EMGs(at least the ones ive worked with) are also two conductor, it should be pretty self explanatory

EDIT: i had the EMG "selects" when i used to have my steinberger, they were actually pretty good, at least a definite improvement from the stock pickups in my SG, our stock pickups should collectively be similar. the EMGs, if they are the selects or are anything like them, theyll have a little bit of a mid scoop to them, which i personally would prefer otherwise, but they were still pretty good. HZs, ive had some experience with, nothing notable, and they have a pretty bad rep, but hey 20 bucks, especially if you can get two of them, its worth a crack i suppose.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jun 21, 2011,
I had similar, if not, worse in my Epi Special II. I guess you could do it with your existing pots. I'm not sure of the difference or the effect but Epiphone pots are 500K, whereas EMG pots are 25K and I'm not sure how compatible they are.
25k pots are for active pickups, for passive humbuckers use 500k pots.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man