Page 1 of 2
I recently went to stay over at a friends flat for the weekend and ordered my first vegetarian meal - long story short - i said i could be a vegetarian for a week without much trouble.

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

I'm on my first day without meat and well, i want meat Anyone else tried to be a vegetarian? Or have any good vegetarian meal ideas? I'm currently making a fruit salad, and will probably make an italian vegetable pasta dish later on today
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I cooked some delicious peri peri marinaded chicken for my dinner yesterday. I eat meat every day so no. That and I'm not a fan of vegetables anyway.
I've been vegetarian for over a year now. It actually was a lot easier than I thought. I'll admit lately I've been slacking though and I'll eat something that doesn't necessarily have meat, but I know there's a good chance it contains some sort of non-vegetarian product it's made with.

Edit: Plus I work in a Mexican restaurant with like a good amount of vegetarian meals on the menu, and I eat there like every day.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jun 20, 2011,
Meh,I could give up meat easy,But veggies are kinda meh. Fruit ftw.
I had half a kilo of chicken for lunch today. Made me some chicken cordon bleu.

Could easily give up meat though. I just eat it for the protein.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I was vegetarian for about 3 months, but I gave in to a bacon sandwich for breakfast. I then thought "Screw this", and made steak for dinner. Never looked back.

I do admit though, I would probably be vegetarian, if I was exposed to the process that animals go through, from being a living creature, to be on our table, covered in BBQ sauce. That said, it IS natural for humans to eat meat (both in the way our ancestors used to eat meat to stay alive, and the fact that we need protein), and I don't guilty in saying I enjoy the taste too much.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I was vegetarian for about 3 months, but I gave in to a bacon sandwich for breakfast. I then thought "Screw this", and made steak for dinner. Never looked back.

I do admit though, I would probably be vegetarian, if I was exposed to the process that animals go through, from being a living creature, to be on our table, covered in BBQ sauce. That said, it IS natural for humans to eat meat (both in the way our ancestors used to eat meat to stay alive, and the fact that we need protein), and I don't guilty in saying I enjoy the taste too much.

If anything that would make me hungry and I'd start picking out my pig, or cow, or chicken etc.
This is all I have to say on this topic

"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
buy some quorn. Quorn chicken nuggets are yummy, and there's no chance of biting into a lump of fat
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.

never gonna give you up..
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dont do it, no matter how hard your friends try and pressure you into it. you may think its harmless, but vegetarianism can be a gateway into veganism and hippie-ism. my friend thought he would "just try" it once, and he turned into a gay.
Last edited by Tragic Mulatto at Jun 20, 2011,
Had the best steak for lunch just an hour ago. Medium rare, so soft and tender, so delicious!
I love to cook, right....and I can't imagine what would I cook without meat. Cause...everything that's awesome contains meat. I can't even make pasta without meat. Bacon ftw!

But dude if you last a week without meat...you should be proud cause I couldn't. Well...I couldn't eat for a year when I was 5 but meh...now it's 3 days without food (pre-surgery or something) and I go crazy.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I could do it, but I'd rather not.

Also, what Tragic Mulatto said. Vegetarianism is a gateway lifestyle. Before you know it, you'll be only eating organic food grown within 5 miles of your house, wear clothes made out of free trade hemp fibers, and listen to music that only you have heard of.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by slash_GNR666

oh and +1! Twice!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by slash_GNR666
(Invalid img)

That looks ridiculously good
Quote by Kozlic
oh and +1! Twice!

You're sig scared the shit out of me because i found myself doing all the listed things
Quote by Stud_Muffin
we need protein
Soo many places to get protein from other than meat. Most of them are higher in protein and lower in cholesterol. Meat is one of the worst sources of protein available.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
Dont do it, no matter how hard your friends try and pressure you into it. you may think its harmless, but vegetarianism can be a gateway into veganism and hippie-ism. my friend thought he would "just try" it once, and he turned into a gay.
Quote by psyks
Soo many places to get protein from other than meat. Most of them are higher in protein and lower in cholesterol. Meat is one of the worst sources of protein available.

you are disregarding taste as a factor.
Quote by psyks

No, meat is the best source of protein available because it's manly and delicious.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by psyks

Ha eh I really hope that's sarcasm! Chicken, Steak and eggs are some of the best sources of Protein.
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Quote by psyks

Maybe you're right, but meat tastes a helluva lot better than tofu or quorn or any of that shit
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I've been veggie for about 6 months now and it's not hard just go out and buy a heap of meat substitute products.
Except veggie burgers, everyone I've tried has been disgusting.
'Under the radar, out of the system'
Quote by fearofthemark
No, meat is the best source of protein available because it's manly and delicious.
Why do you think eating meat is manly?
to the guy saying meat is a poor source of protein, your wrong, it may not be the highest amount but the structure of the protein is one that our bodies most readily accept and breakdown the best. Unless you are VERY careful a no-meat diet can be harmfull long term, its very hard to keep muscle definition and you wont recover from excercise as fast, even with protein from other sources.
Gear
-Shecter Omen 6 Extreme
-Yamaha JX20SC Acoustic
-Roland : Cube 80x
Wishlist
-Mbox recording hardware
-Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)
-Boss Overdrive pedal
(Invalid img)

all credit to Maddox
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I've tried the vegetarian thing before. I felt much less lethargic than I'd been in the past, but I was in a perpetual state of hunger, so that was kind of a drawback.
I don't see the point in eating NO meat. Less meat I can understand, its not healthy to eat big portions of meat every day. But it's natural and good for you to eat the odd portion every week.

If I didn't eat meat I'd get nowhere near enough protein, because I go to gym a few times a week and with nothing to recover myself with, i'd just start doing damage.
Oh, and tofu doesn't count as good source of protein.... may as well have a protein shake than eat that tasteless shit. Nor am I going to eat a whole packet of nuts or seeds every day.

Vegetarians, pointless diet is pointless
Last edited by vitchb at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

Vegetables; not even once.
Quote by moose1512
Unless you are VERY careful a no-meat diet can be harmfull long term, its very hard to keep muscle definition and you wont recover from excercise as fast, even with protein from other sources.
Well, that's not correct. It's just as easy to get sufficient protein in a vegan diet as it is to avoid accidentally drinking bleach in an omnivorous diet. You should try switching over, or at least take the time to learn about something before talking out of your ass.
Look for places with good vegetarian food if you intend to eat out. The rubbish about vegetarian food being atrocious is due to people just eating a horrible meal somewhere once, hate it, then decide to dismiss the whole idea.
The beat source of protein is from animals, it depends on the meat you have. This also includes insects which generally have like a 5x protein count compared to say steak etc.

Also, i really didn't count on people posting pictures of steak - i hate you.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by psyks
Well, that's not correct. It's just as easy to get sufficient protein in a vegan diet as it is to avoid accidentally drinking bleach in an omnivorous diet. You should try switching over, or at least take the time to learn about something before talking out of your ass.

Not entirely. There are two types of protein, complete and incomplete (depending if they have all the essential amino acids or not). The two vegetarian foods that have those are either soy or quinoa. Milk and eggs as well I suppose if you are not vegan.

Plus vegetarians commonly have a defficiency of vitamin b12, which is only found in meats and is necessary for the body. You need supplements for these, or else anemia is a large enough risk.
Quote by Alexander_BR
You need fats, or else you are going to be hungry as ****. Get some nuts.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I did this last year for two months. It's cool, but didn't affect me in any way. I just missed a lot of cool bbqs

maybe I can find my thread for you as a reference or something.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
The whole vegetarian thing only makes sense if you either don't like meat in general or have an idealistic opposition to the meat industry. If you like meat and can eat meat and you don't really feel bad for supporting an industry like this:

Then what's the point of limiting your diet?
Page 1 of 2