Hey everyone!
Yes, yes I am a noob! And, I'm sure that this answer will be so very obvious.. But, I was wondering what the pedal (or foot switch) is called that lets you alternate from the clean channel to the distortion channel (instead of having to push the button on the actual amp). Much appreciated!
Quote by Rufusftw
A distortion pedal? im just guessing...

This could be the one your looking for.............or what you really need is a new amp
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
a... footswitch?
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
No, no.. Ummmm, you know how you usually press a button to change the channel from clean to distortion? Well, is there a pedal or footswitch that does this for you? I dont ant a distortion pedal or anything.. Hopefully you guys will get what I mean
Quote by slash_GNR666
This could be the one your looking for.............or what you really need is a new FOG MACHINE

Fixed.

OT: Distortion pedals doesn't change the channels on the amp, they add distortion before the sound makes it to the amp.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I believe the answer you are looking for is located in the op.

Quote by LukeGuitar33
But, I was wondering what the pedal (or foot switch) is called that lets you alternate from the clean channel to the distortion channel (instead of having to push the button on the actual amp).
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
We know exactly what you mean. It's called a footswitch!!!
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
I think I get what he means, the effect is built into his amp, and he just wants a footswitch, that will turn on the effect in his amp, only he can do it with his foot instead of bending over and pushing the button on the amp itself.
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by LukeGuitar33
No, no.. Ummmm, you know how you usually press a button to change the channel from clean to distortion? Well, is there a pedal or footswitch that does this for you? I dont ant a distortion pedal or anything.. Hopefully you guys will get what I mean

yup its called a footswitch

this is mine
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
It's called a footswitch. Most of them also let you engage the boost on the gain channel, and some of them even let you switch the effects loop on or off.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I understand what he means now. He doesn't want a peal that adds in distortion to the current channel, he wants a pedal that switches his amp from it's clean channel to IT'S clean distortion (Instead of having to hit the button on the amp).

Thread starter, I'm actually not sure where you would get something like that. If you've got skill with circuits you could probably make one yourself.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
To change from the clean to distortion channels on your amp, you'll want to find the foot switch to it. Foot switches are usually built for the specific amp, so you'll have to find one that works for your amp specifically.

A distortion pedal is going to distort your sound before it hits the amp, preferably while it is on the clean channel, but it will not change the channel on the amp itself. You'll only want that if your amp doesn't have it's own distortion channel, or if you don't like the way that distortion channel sounds, i.e bad tone or not enough gain.

Hope that clears it up.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Jun 20, 2011,
Pretty much as said several times. It's called a foot switch. Go to a search engine and enter your amps model and add footswitch at the end and you can usually find one designed for your amp. Make sure to shop around however as they can be strangely expensive for what they are.