Hey!
i'm new to acoustic guitars and i am a lefty... i noticed that all acoustic guitars have the bridge turned a little, so that the thin strings are a little shorter than the thick ones as a result...

Why is that? and now much would it affect the tuning if i take the strings off a right handed one and put new ones upside down, so i can play?

Thanks in advice!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
it like that because the strings lenght varries a little from string to string (ie.) the thicker ones need to be a tiny bit longer in length to get the prober inotation or else the string wont vibrate proberley

in redards to switching ur guitar , it has been done before , jimi hendrix, Kurt cobain did this on his unplugged show . point is it can be done but itll sound a lil different ,but not horrably off pitch
You'd need to swap out the nut as well.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Sorry to hijack thread my question is related. Why do some acoustics have straight bridges?

I was looking at the Guild GAD F20? I think and the M20 and they both have a straight bridge. Would using a capo become more difficult on straight bridges?
Between The Buried And Me

Member #6 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join!
It's all about intonation. Angled saddles (usually, the bridge itself is straight) allow for the different string diameters to allow more even "temperment" across the strings.
If you look carefully at the guitars with straight saddles, they will frequently be "compensated" to accomplish the same thing. Usually, the treble strings will have the saddle cut back or forward slightly.
My GS Mini has an almost-straight saddle, but the high B and E strings are compensated.

As to using a capo... Shouldn't have any effect if the guitar is intonated properly, but there is always a tendency for the capo to pull the strings "sharp".