I was at a guitar shop yesterday when I see this gibson les paul 1957 gold top vos They had it priced at 3,700 Usd and the neck felt like a baseball bat and it played perfectly it just felt sooooo right so have you ever had one of those moents where its like this is the greatest thing ever
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
if i had a nickel.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
for me it was a dbz guitar. it played like a dream for me. the neck was thin and fast (which is my preference) the joint where the neck met the body was so minimal. now i just need money to get one. and the stock dbz pups sounded great.
My Edwards after getting it properly set up.

An EBMM JP

A Tele made by a local luthier that resonated like no other guitar I had ever felt before.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0QGz9L8vf4

that is the one it is sex in guitar form
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

First time in america (hadn't been playing long), went to guitarcentre (england here), thought the store was amazing, so big and so much gear droooool.

played a £1000+ fender tele, maple neck, OHSOSMOOTH, such a lovely lovely sound.

thought it was the best guitar in the world. at the time.
call me ziggy.
My friends dad has a '56 LP standard, possibly the best I have ever played, other than that my PRS CE22 plays better than any PRS CU22/24 or Modern eagle I have ever gotten my hands on.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My Suhr feels and sounds amazing everytime i pick it up.
The most amazing guitar I have ever played in terms of comfort and feel was an orange EBMM John Petrucci signature model.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
ts, that same guitar for me.

Also a fender american precision bass, just a random american one, was nuts
It's NEVER Lupus
My Gear:
2010 Fender Highway One strat
2010 Epi Les Paul Standard
2005 Squier p bass
2007 Yamaha F310
2011 Epiphone Korina Firebird
2013 Hudson Telecaster
Kustom Quad 200 (4x12)
Fender frontman 212r
evh wolf gangs

sex in guitar form.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
my esp horizon ntII. I am sure its not the best, but I think it will be damn hard to top.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Zeletros
No

GTFO.

To the OP, it would have to be the 10th anniversary Ibanez (The blue one without the trem) It was the first prestige Ibanez (And only sadly so far) that I ever played and it was absolutely amazing. Sadly, my local guitar center seems to find it hard to have anythingover a gio Ibanez on the walls.
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Jun 20, 2011,
An olympic white USA Standard Strat. Not terribly expensive, I know, but as a fan of Ritchie Blackmore, and a fan of strat necks, I always say "Wow, I need to get one of these" whenever I play one.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
I once picked up a Fender Telecaster Highway one, which was easily the best playing guitar ever for me. It sounded great too!
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
I had a day to kill in New York, so i went to a guitar shop, played a Jazzmaster that was perfect. I can never find another one that plays and sounds as good.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by gregs1020
if i had a nickel.

+1

If I had a Quarter for every time I said that about a guitar, I'd be able to buy all those guitars.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
My friend's Dean Angel Of Deth. Amazingly thin and comfortable neck, great hi-output pickups, killer paintjob.... It was the best guitar I've ever played.
My Gibson Les Paul Trad. It scared me a little how much the body vibrated when I cracked out that A chord.

I deliberately haven't tried anything more expensive Customs/Historics etc because I don't want to want them.

I also had the same thing with the Fender Deluxe Reverb. I remember just staring at it in the store after playing thinking 'where have you been all my life'. I then took my jeans off and got thrown out.
I played a Martin Eric Clapton Signature and that was probably the greatest acoustic guitar I've ever played. So crisp and resonant, I loved it.

I actually haven't played a ton of many high end guitars. I tried out a used PRS Custom 24 and I really liked the neck on it, but I can't see the justification behind its price. I also tried a Gibson Dusk Tiger... stupidest thing ever.
My guitar teacher's friend's Gretsch White Falcon.......... oh so sexy..........

Just not quite as practical for the abuse I put things through as a tele, lol.
Had the opportunity to try a PRS Custom 24.
It just seemed molded to my body and hands - when I get my drivers' license and a car, my next investment will either be one of those or a Mesa Boogie 2×12 combo.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by PsiGuy60
Had the opportunity to try a PRS Custom 24.
It just seemed molded to my body and hands - when I get my drivers' license and a car, my next investment will either be one of those or a Mesa Boogie 2×12 combo.

dude when I get my license the people in my local guitar stores will get to know me by name
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

A PRS Custom 24.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The second guitar I ever played, a Reverend Volcano, I was wowed at, I thought it was the comfiest thing ever because it was a V, and I thought it sounded killer because it looked cool and had covered humbuckers(in my first month of playing, my lead guitarist, who'd been playing for 4 years but knew nothing about guitar, told me that covered humbuckers were better than open ones which were better than single coils. Appearance-wise I agree, but...xD) and was tonedeaf. Then the guitar left the showroom of the shop(something broke on it, I guess), and I forgot about it. In November, the owner of the shop(I'd just started working there) pulled out the guitar from the back and was sort of "REMEMBER THIS THING?" and I fangirlsqueaed and ran towards it and hooked it into a Randall cab, and to my dismay the thing sounded like crap and after having played an actual lefty(The first time I played it I only had a flipped BC Rich Assassin, so I was used to the knobs being on top), it was pretty uncomfy to play. I still think it's sexy though.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
My ESP Horizon Custom since it was the only guitar that I bought that was setup perfectly from factory.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!