At zero, the guitar is silent. As I roll the tone knob towards 10, I get a lot of noise\static in the signal. Any ideas? Is this a grounding issue?
Hmm okay, is it hooked up to the same multi plug as any PC/laptops, phones or other speakers? My amp picks up static and stuff if I have it in the same multiplug as my laptop so I have to stick it else where.

Other than that, I'm a bit out of ideas, I'm not that well versed in the actual workings of guitar electronics, but thought I'd throw a few ideas out there that have caused the same issue for me, just in case it was the same for you.
It's a new build guitar. My PRS doesn't have this problem at all. I'm thinking it might be a grounding issue, but before I re-solder everything, I thought I'd look for other input.
Problem goes away if I put my finger on the cable that goes to the amp. Probably a grounding issue there? Any fixes?
grounding issue...check the wires leading to From that pot...also..I was going to suggest getting an electrical cleaner and cleaning out that pot..but the re-soldering should fix it..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Def a grounding issue, if the other pot is okay check the solders on that one, redo your groundings on the pot and check closely the cap's solder just in case
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P