Poll: Will world peace ever be possible?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will world peace ever be possible?
Yes
19 18%
No
88 82%
Voters: 107.
Page 1 of 2
only when everyone dies or are robots.

also when everyone learns to use the Searchbar.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's possible, but I don't know if it'll happen.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
its impossible, google the Monkeysphere to see why

Edit: In a nutshell, people can only comprehend a certain number of individuals as existing, after that its just a number and thats why war and crime happen
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Last edited by zbest at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by zbest
its impossible, google the Monkeysphere to see why

Edit: In a nutshell, people can only comprehend a certain number of individuals as existing, after that its just a number and thats why war and crime happen

I googled it...
Animals fight. Humans are animals. Humans fight. Add all that up, equals...never. Even if we somehow get rid of war, we will still fight. It's just something we like to do.
Last edited by Gabrhil at Jun 20, 2011,
If everyone were of the same race and economical class, sure.
DeVillains!
Of course it's possible. World peace isn't some magical, unattainable thing. There's no conflict occurring in the world that can't be resolved peacefully right now, if all parties came together and hashed things out like adults. But that would require effort and engagement, and it's so much easier to retreat into our absolutist ideologies, or spout platitudes about human nature.
Quote by blackflag49
Of course it's possible. World peace isn't some magical, unattainable thing. There's no conflict occurring in the world that can't be resolved peacefully right now, if all parties came together and hashed things out like adults. But that would require effort and engagement, and it's so much easier to retreat into our absolutist ideologies, or spout platitudes about human nature.

I agree with this, plus most wars boil down to profit.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Possible? Yes.

Going to happen? No. At least, not as long as humans occupy the planet.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I used to think it was attainable. That really, every person on earth could live in peace with one another. But I've grown a little more cynical since then so at the moment, no I don't think it'll ever be global, complete peace. That depends on what you mean by war, too - I think maybe at some point there will be no "official" wars going on between nations or civil wars, anywhere in the world, but there will still be a lot of smaller disputes between individuals and groups of individuals, which taken together won't exacly make a certain place at "peace". I mean, here in Sweden there's no war and haven't been for a very long time, but still there are places where you must be very careful or you could get seriously hurt or killed, like in certain suburbs. In the worst places and at the worst times, I'd say if there is not a full on war, then atleast there is definately not peace. And that's sweden - take mexico or practically any other south/central american state, they may not officially be at war but still there's a lot of turbulence and killings there mostly linked to drug gangs. So in the sense of there being virtually no violent conflicts between nations, groups or individuals, then no, there will never be world peace. I think, actually, that it's not because we're unable to be completely peaceful, every single one of us, because I do, it's more that we really don't want to. Deep down, we know that we'd find total world peace boring in the long run. There needs to be bad in order for there to be good, yin and yang and shit like that. That said, I really think we could, and should, become much less violent than we are today. And maybe we're slowly getting there, there's actually a lot less official wars these days than previously. As for violence commited by persons or groups I don't know how it is today compared to earlier but I'd like to think that's getting less and less common too, might just be wishful thinking though.

tl;dr:
At some point, there might be no official wars between nations or civil wars, globally, but there will always be more or less violent conflicts between individual persons and/or groups of persons and therefore, world peace or not depends on how you define "peace".
Yes, I believe that there will be at one point in time, but it probably wont last long at all.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Maybe within small communities that are unaware of the existence of the rest of the world.

But then that isn't world peace. That would be community peace.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by blackflag49
Apparently, sounding ignorant in a hipster way is cool. Try again.

Besides, the idea that there could be world peace is an absolutist ideology in & of itself.

Quote by Splitvision
And maybe we're slowly getting there, there's actually a lot less official wars these days than previously.
I guess all that trouble in the Middle East lately, what with revolutions & leaders killing their own people doesn't matter...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 20, 2011,
I ****ing hope not. We need more kick-ass weapons for our CoD games.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Maybe within small communities that are unaware of the existence of the rest of the world.

Did you leave your brain under your pillow this morning or something?

Probably not, to answer the thread's question.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Ylasto
If everyone were of the same race and economical class, sure.

Economy and class is a fleeting thing. Somehow someone would get richer and some would get poorer. And there you have the eternal struggle of the class again.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Apparently, sounding ignorant in a hipster way is cool. Try again.

Besides, the idea that there could be world peace is an absolutist ideology in & of itself.

You're right, saying we're capable of resolving our disputes without resorting to bombing and violence, as intelligent and mature human beings do every day already is sooo hipster. I'm just trying to get chicks.
When all life in the universe is dead.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
I like to believe so, yes. Under the unity of the international proletariat, duh.
That would require tolerance and compromise. Unfortunately, the human ego gets in the way. It's possible, but highly unlikely.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by jestsumguy
Wars might stop happening, but humans will always be fighting and killing. There will always be crime and hatred.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2