Hey guys, I was wondering what your opinions are on the people who upload other peoples music to youtube. You know, where they just upload a bands song and put their album cover behind it. A lot of them even have the balls to put their name in the credits of the video.

I don't really have any problem with it because I do like listening to bands I normally wouldn't and I can see whether or not I like their stuff, but it starts to piss me off when they are taking credit for the vid. I mean they probably spent five minutes in Windows Movie Maker.

This guy is a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIpOUHHdN0A

So what do you guys think... am I just overreacting?
You are angry because of the 3 second screen time of the person's username?

I think you're overreacting.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
How is he taking credit? He put the band's name and song in the title, and he put this in the more info section: "No copyrights intended. All copyrights go to the rightful owners.".

If someone mistakes that for the youtuber's song, they're retarded.

EDIT: Well, if you're talking about taking credit for the video, I don't have a problem with it, unless it interferes with the song (eg- name talking up 5 seconds).
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Last edited by 007dude at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by 007dude
How is he taking credit? He put the band's name and song in the title, and he put this in the more info section: "No copyrights intended. All copyrights go to the rightful owners.".

If someone mistakes that for the youtuber's song, they're retarded.

^This. He isn't taking credit for the song, he's taking credit for making a shitty video. Just laugh at the fact that he wants credit for something like that and move on in life.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
^This. He isn't taking credit for the song, he's taking credit for making a shitty video. Just laugh at the fact that he wants credit for something like that and move on in life.

Yeah those are good points and I probably should just let it go. But to me taking credit for the video is taking credit for the song because as I see it they are one and the same. I'm not even really mad about it, I just find it annoying.
Yeah, these YouTubers believe 100% that they wrote and performed this song.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect