A few months ago I converted a cheap $99 affinity squier strat into a lap steel guitar by JB welding a 3/8" bolt to the nut and a 5/8" bolt to the bridge(saddles were removed first). After playing on it a while the bridge bolt weld broke.

How can I get the bridge to become non-floating or Fixed so the string tension doesn't pull the bridge up to a 45 degree angle? I have 5 springs on the claw and the two screws are screwed in as tight as I can get them. (maybe 3/8" of the screw shaft exposed).

Tuning this thing with a floating bridge is a pain in the ass because the guitar is not setup for the string gauge I am using nor the tuning I am using (E7+9). If I could somehow fix the bridge I could tune each string and it would not affect the other strings which would not pull the bridge up and would not break the weld. Any Ideas???
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Block the bridge?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Get a piece of metal, bend it up on one side, drill holes, and put some saddles in it?