Recently (Well kinda recently) released on XBLA indie games was Fortresscraft chapter 1, which is pretty much a clone of Minecraft Classic if you don't already know.

I thought about puting this in the Minecraft thread as both games are so similar but the Minecraft thread already has a pretty solid following and i don't wanna ruffle any feathers.

Anyway, whats everyones opinons on this game? Baring in mind it's only on chapter one right now with another 3 chapters and numerous patches on the way.

Will it give Minecraft a run for its money when it's released on XBLA later this year?

I own both and think they both have their qualities

I'll probably be on most nights after 6pm GMT so you can add my gamertag if you want and we can set about building some awesome stuff.

Gamertag: againstwee

Happy building
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I watched 4 player podcast play this.
It plays hideously and takes too long to render new blocks when you dig.
It does look pretty though.
Not enough to make me want it.
Ignore the fact I don't have an Xbox.

Minecraft all the way.
I'll also cry if they ever introduce cross platform multiplayer. I don't want 5 year old kids griefing everything and ruining the game.
/stereotype of Xbox players
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I don't want 5 year old kids griefing everything and ruining the game. /stereotype of Xbox players

It really isn't a stereotype thats the sad thing, i opened up my server to the public for literaly 2 minutes and my castle i'd spent hours making got destroyed, little feckers!

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Hmm I've never heard about this before... Probably because I also don't own an Xbox.

I think it's funny that Terraria came out a little while back and everyone was calling it a minecraft clone, and a lot of minecraft fanboys were flaming it. Man I can't even imagine the kinda hate this game is gunna get, I mean from that screenshot it looks like a blatant rip- off. Then again I'm only going from your screenshot, lol
@napalm

Na you're right man it is practically 100% cloned. The only thing i can see saving it from a total flame war is that as of yet it's XBLA exclusive and cheap as hell.

With Minecraft cuurently in development for XBLA the peace won't last long and i'll probably jump back to Minecraft when it's released but for now it's just nice to be able to sit with a controller and spaz out on the couch while playing what is practically minecraft without needing to be at the pc.

Quote by CliffIsAngry
Hey, if somebody makes a game like Minecraft that actually doesn't crash all the time and doesn't have multiplayer issues, I'll welcome it.

But Minecraft already has a huge indie following, I highly doubt many people are going to switch to this game.
This looks like shit in motion.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I looked into the game, and the graphics look MILES better than Minecraft. The guys who made it acknowledge that they were heavily inspired by Notch and Minecraft, and they are planning to put in a bunch of things that Minecraft doesn't have, even if the basic idea is obviously the same.
Also, they've only been working on this for a couple of months, Minecraft has been in development for YEARS and still has tons of issues.

I say wait and see what happens, this has potential.
Guarantee that it's based heavily on Notch's code and I would not be surprised if legal action got rid of this game quickly.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
To me Fortress Craft will be nothing but a knockoff of Minecraft.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Guarantee that it's based heavily on Notch's code and I would not be surprised if legal action got rid of this game quickly.

Why would it be based on Notch's code? Minecraft is in Java and this was made in XNA with C#.
Plus, I can guarantee that programming a game like Minecraft is not anything particularly impressive.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why would it be based on Notch's code? Minecraft is in Java and this was made in XNA with C#.
Plus, I can guarantee that programming a game like Minecraft is not anything particularly impressive.

If they have already ported Minecraft to XNA I imagine it wouldn't be difficult for a coder to do so.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.