Hi folks at GG and A,

I was about to play my ENGL Screamer 50 combo, I had just finished warming up the tubes as usual for about a minute, and I flicked the standby switch up... and then suddenly, after about 5 seconds, I heard an electrical crackling noise, which was fairly loud, followed by the amp switching off... the amp won't power back on again, which is clear to my the fuse has been blown out... and obviously there's something wrong... what makes me really worried is that it now smells of burning plastic all around my room I am going to take it to a technician, but for now, why has this happened and what will need fixing?

Thanks,
Dave
R.I.P. ENGL

on a more serious note - hope everything will be alright, thats a nice amp

EDIT: inb4youneednewamp
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at Jun 20, 2011,
Lol, thanks :P well yeah maybe, I was thinking of buying another amp sometime in the future so maybe my amp is showing my bad karma for thinking such things... D:
I'll take a gander and say something in your power section is gone. Tubes, transformers... I dunno. I wouldn't turn it back on though, burning plastic + electronics = bad. Take it to a tech, but if you can take a look at the inside* you may find your problem.

*Keep in mind doing this can be quite dangerous, touch NOTHING on the circuitboard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 20, 2011,