So where would be the best place to have a delay pedal such as the BOSS DD-7? In front of a high gain amp or in the loop? Keep in mind I want this to be as convenient and as cable efficient as possible.
if you are getting your distortion from your amp, stick it in the loop
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Depends on your preference. Some prefer having it in the daisy chain, others hook it up to the effects loop. It's your choice really.

I tend to put every pedal I find in the daisy chain. Sometimes, I hook up my chain to the ones of my mates so I have about 23 pedals to stomp on, most of them being OD or Chorus pedals :P
Quote by Lord_Doku
Depends on your preference. Some prefer having it in the daisy chain, others hook it up to the effects loop. It's your choice really.

I tend to put every pedal I find in the daisy chain. Sometimes, I hook up my chain to the ones of my mates so I have about 23 pedals to stomp on, most of them being OD or Chorus pedals :P

daisy chaining fx has nothing to do with whether or not they go before the amp or in the loop
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

I hate delay in front of the amp. I don't see how anyone switching between clean and distortion could like it there. But each to his own.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
it all depends on where you are getting your dirt from, since you are playing a high gain amp I assume you are getting your dirt from the amps preamp, maybe being boosted by a pedal, therefor the best place to put it is in the loop
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Yeah it seems the loop would work best in terms of avoiding distorted repeats but then I've got a twat load of cables runnin around and I tend to be pretty mobile when playing. Cables for fx in front and then send and return cables from the loop.