simply, i dont have a clue when it comes to strumming patterns. I can get tabs easy enough and know tons of chords but know how to/ what strumming pattern to apply to it? HELP!

someone teach me their wisdom!
My best advice is to listen to the song. Start by focusing on the drum and find every bar. Now find each note. Whilst tapping out every note begin with counting. Now include you eighth notes (so you are now counting 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and). Each strum will generally fall on one of these (this is assuming a 4/4 timing btw). Each eight note corresponds to either an up or down strum. If your getting strumes between these, you need to go to sixteenth notes (1 e and a 2 e and a 3 e and a 4 e and a). If they still don't match up, chances are your using the wrong timing, and should try counting only to 3 etc

For example, If you are hearing strums on each beat, you would get a D D D D pattern
If they are on the 1, its and then the and of the second and on the 3 and finally the 4 you have DU UD D

Just take your time and listen, if you can slow down the music too. Evetually you'll find a lot of common stumming patterns come up a lot.
Quote by l3vity
My best advice is to listen to the song.

^this
except i say you should study the beat of the drums, work out the beats, then listen along with the guitar until it sounds the same
on the other hand you could stum it slightly different so that you have your own version of the song