Alright guys. I have an ESP LTD Kh-202, with stock ESP p.u. right now. (Lh-150s) And I'm looking to replace the bridge with an EMG H4 passive p.u. Would I have to replace the pots? If I used the pickup selector and put it on both p.u., would the sound be ****ed up? I need some help. Please and thanks.
generally speaking hzs are pretty poor value as upgrades...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Saint78

Wut?

How do you even make recommendations without even knowing the end objective of the TS' pup swap? That's like firing a gun without even seeing where your target is

TS:
1. What amp and what gear?
2. What guitar tonewood?
3. What do you want the pickup swap to do? What are unhappy about your current tone?
4. What genres of music?
5. How much budget?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
try out some dimarzios. im a huge fan and they have great tone. ur pots should be totally fine. the x2n is dimarzios hottest pup and sounds awesome.

just make sure that whatever pups u buy r f-spaced for the tremelo otherwise ur gonna run into some issues
Quote by Saint78

I don't think P90s are the greatest recommendation to a user with "metalhead" in his name and a Kirk Hammett signature guitar. Maybe it's just me.

I wouldn't go with those particular EMGs, OP. Get the real thing. If you like EMGs and need to save some to get them, it'll be worth it.

Quote by ragingkitty
Wut?

How do you even make recommendations without even knowing the end objective of the TS' pup swap? That's like firing a gun without even seeing where your target is

TS:
1. What amp and what gear?
2. What guitar tonewood?
3. What do you want the pickup swap to do? What are unhappy about your current tone?
4. What genres of music?
5. How much budget?

Other than amp and budget, we have a pretty good idea of what the OP would like. Budget and amp are pretty important, however.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by andrerist
try out some dimarzios. im a huge fan and they have great tone. ur pots should be totally fine. the x2n is dimarzios hottest pup and sounds awesome.

just make sure that whatever pups u buy r f-spaced for the tremelo otherwise ur gonna run into some issues

-1 besides the output the X2N's are terrible, lifeless and sterile sounding, just unpleasent tonally.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have owned the LH-150's, and I own an H4. Not an upgrade. I would literally take the LH-150 over an EMG H4. Terrible, terrible pickup, in every way.

That guitar is made out of basswood, so I suggest you get a DiMarzio D-Activator for the bridge (DiMarzio's tend to play the best with basswood). It will sound much, much better for metal than an EMG H4, which honestly does not sound good at anything.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by 3074326
Other than amp and budget, we have a pretty good idea of what the OP would like. Budget and amp are pretty important, however.

No you assume that you have a clear idea of what the TS wants to do to his tone. Or maybe you can share exactly what the TS wants to change? Because I would never assume I know what the TS is seeking. For all you know he might want a modern chugga to his tone instead of a NWOBHM sound.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
-1 besides the output the X2N's are terrible, lifeless and sterile sounding, just unpleasent tonally.

i had the x2n in a cort x-6 vpr (basswood body) and i was very content with the tone and found it to be quite versatile. cleans were bright, and it handled high gain very well. the only downfall i found with it was the need for a noise gate or noise suppressor. the pickup is very high output which resulted in a decent amount of feedback. as for the pickup and tone though, i was very pleased with it.

i had to sell that guitar but i kept the pup and i intend on buying another of the same guitar and putting the x2n back in it.