Hello,

I'm trying my hardest to write my own songs. I've only been trained as a instrumentalist and never had too experience with writing lyrics, vocal melodies, etc. I feel it would be easier if I could record the music I write on a computer, add a bass line and drums behind it, listen to it over and over again and add lyrics. Does anyone know of a program I can get that will allow me to write bass lines, and drums beats on the computer. I don't mean record off a bass or drum machine, but actually score the music of a the bass line and drums on top of the music I write on guitar\piano? Thanks for the help if there is any for me :\!

-Jarep
Guitar pro will give you a pretty cheap sounding yet rhythmically accurate version of anything you can notate.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I've used Guitar Pro in the past. The sound quality is not too good as you said. Is my only option to get a beat box and bass and record?

-Jarep
Quote by Jarep
I've used Guitar Pro in the past. The sound quality is not too good as you said. Is my only option to get a beat box and bass and record?

-Jarep

No no no

It sounds like you want something a little more professional than Guitar Pro, so here's what I recommend you - get yourself a nice DAW (try Reaper, it's got a free version I think), record yourself with it and find some free VST (virtual instruments) plug-ins, load them in Reaper and program bass and drum tracks using MIDI. Given that you find a good VST plug-in and know what you're doing, you could get decent recordings all by yourself
I don't have a signature
Quote by dankhus
No no no

It sounds like you want something a little more professional than Guitar Pro, so here's what I recommend you - get yourself a nice DAW (try Reaper, it's got a free version I think), record yourself with it and find some free VST (virtual instruments) plug-ins, load them in Reaper and program bass and drum tracks using MIDI. Given that you find a good VST plug-in and know what you're doing, you could get decent recordings all by yourself

This.

I use Guitar Pro to compose my bass/drums, export it as a midi file and then load it into my DAW to use different vsti's.