I bought a Randall RH150 G3 head. Im looking for a good cab for metal on a budget. I play Metallica, Pantera, some a7x, etc. I want something that can handle a lot of distortion, has tight lows that arent muddy and good mids and good treble wothout being to harsh. I know a lot of that has to do with how i eq the amp. My budget would be about 250 USD. Suggestions over that price range is fine cuz i will try to buy used.
and mono/stereo option

I was lookin at B52 LS412 or LG412. and heard good about them but im not sure

I also know someone that might sell me a used Marshall jcm900 1960 cab with celestion g12t-75. i was wondering if thatd be a good metal cab.

Thanks
Orange amp cabs are pretty good for everything I think. My teacher has a custom made Marshall head with an Orange amp cab, and it sounds pretty awesome with distortion.
you're a stone fox
^good luck finding an orange for $250, lol. TS, does it have to be a 4x12?
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Quote by Saint78
Orange amp cabs are pretty good for everything I think. My teacher has a custom made Marshall head with an Orange amp cab, and it sounds pretty awesome with distortion.

i was lookin but their 4x12 cabs are really expensive. way outta my budget
Quote by Drew Dolezal
^good luck finding an orange for $250, lol. TS, does it have to be a 4x12?

i'd prefer to be
Strangely enough, I play using a Vox 4X12 and have had some very nice compliments on my tone. Then again I also run a Peavey 6505+. Best cab I have heard though had to be an Orange 4X12, sounded amazing!
why do you need a 4x12? 250 wont get you very far with a 4x12. better to get a quality 2x12 than a super crappy 4x12
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Either save up some more money or start looking for a 1x12 or 2x12.

The speakers and cab construction make a huge difference in how you are going to sound.

If you are set on a 4x12 and have to have it now, the marshall cab your mate can sell you isn't too bad, you can save and maybe swap out 2 of the speakers for some V30's in the future.

Although i have only heard it a couple of times those super cheap ibanez cabs sound exactly like that, super cheap.
Quote by joe_k
Either save up some more money or start looking for a 1x12 or 2x12.

The speakers and cab construction make a huge difference in how you are going to sound.

If you are set on a 4x12 and have to have it now, the marshall cab your mate can sell you isn't too bad, you can save and maybe swap out 2 of the speakers for some V30's in the future.

Although i have only heard it a couple of times those super cheap ibanez cabs sound exactly like that, super cheap.

i think i will get the marshall and replace 2 speakers with the v30's later on when i get more money