I am looking for a cheap guitar which can handle 2 step down tunnings without sounding meh...

Any suggestions?

Cheap : max 300
any of them will do it
fixed tremolo might be easier to tune though
so look into one with that (e.g - gibson clone)
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by AXmichigan
any of them will do it
fixed tremolo might be easier to tune though
so look into one with that (e.g - gibson clone)

ok because i currently use a realy cheap guitar but it can't handle this tuning, + tone's really bad on it!
Epiphone Les Paul standard + some thick Ernie Balls and you're ready to go
And when 1 day you find yourself having some money left, put in some EMG's or Seymour Duncan Blackouts and you've got a great guitar for under ±500 (at least, in the Netherlands)
Any guitar can be tuned to anything - you just need the proper string gauge to compensate for the tension increase/decrease.

What tunings in particular are you trying to go to?

Are you willing to go used? Where are you located? What sort of features are you looking for in a guitar?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I want to play arch enemy. They are 2 step down and I use bigger strings i don't remember exactly the gauge but they are bigger, it helps to do proper bends but my guitar can't help, sounds bad + keeps detuning
I think 12's are a pretty good gauge for C Standard. As for staying in tune, are you stringing your guitar correctly? (Using the method in the setup sticky)

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah, the way I string my guitar is correct, i really think that my guitar cant hold the tuning properly, anyway, I'm still looking for a nice guitar to tune in 2 step down, tremolo would be cool... I have a jackson kelly but I don't want to tune it down, that's why I currently play my beginner's guitar. Any suggestion at guitar which will sound crunchy on distortion and smooth on clean? I know that my amp is probably doing a lot in the equation but still looking for some opinions and idea!

I don't want to pay a fortune

Edit : Btw, my old guitar has no floyd rose
Last edited by WiZoRZ at Jun 20, 2011,
Well, you're not going to get a whole lot for $300... try a used LTD 300+ model of some sort. Many of their models have trems. Make sure you get a newish one that has an FR Special. They're pretty good.

You can also get an Ibanez like an S420.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X