Why do BlackBerry phones suck? Does the company (research in motion) pay no attention to what news outlets say about them? Why don't they start making good stuff, instead of just rehashing their old designs??

Editorials on RIM

http://www.tekgadg.com/tekgadg/2011/6/20/editorial-what-should-rim-do.html

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/16/rim-doth-protest-too-much/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/markets-blog/rim-the-slump-that-
wont-stop/article2067958/

http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/17/rim-is-bloody-but-not-dead-yet-rbc-says/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/15/editorial-rim-seems-to-be-as-lost-as-my-blackberry/
I like my Blackberry.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I've never had any problem with my BlackBerry. Hell, they're the only 'smart phone' I would ever use TBH, I want buttons, not some shitty touch screen that doesn't work.
i recently bought an htc desire for $620. biggest waste of money ever.

i don't see the point in a smart phone when i use my computer 24/7
Why would they listen to criticism? That shows weakness, they're a corporate business.

robhc - iPhone4 touch screens are so smooth and fluid (redundant) You just have to get use to it, honestly.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by robhc
I've never had any problem with my BlackBerry. Hell, they're the only 'smart phone' I would ever use TBH, I want buttons, not some shitty touch screen that doesn't work.

Touchscreens are pretty responsive, even on the lowest end of smartphone devices.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by jsync
i don't see the point in a smart phone when i use my computer 24/7
What if you go, you know, outside
Quote by Nelsean
Touchscreens are pretty responsive, even on the lowest end of smartphone devices.

Not when you have my sausage fingers
Any touch screen I've ever used, on anything, shits bricks and dies a little inside when my fingers touch it
Quote by smb
What if you go, you know, outside

i don't understand what you are saying.
Quote by jsync
i don't understand what you are saying.
Sorry, it's probably my accent. Is this better?
I have a Torch and love it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by robhc
Any touch screen I've ever used, on anything, shits bricks and dies a little inside when my fingers touch it

Being fat sucks but that's no excuse. My 450lb boss uses his iPhone with pure grace.

The real question is 'Why DOESN'T Blackberry suck?'
Quote by robhc

You need to play guitar more, and or masturbate more with only your fingers, then get an iphone, and fap WITH THE IPHONE
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
they really arent bells and whistles phones. they came up as business oriented phones, not customizable techie oriented phones.

although its debatable that they even do that well considering how sluggish they can be. i used to have a blackberry storm. i liked it until the first time i played with a droid. then i realized it was a giant pile of shit. i just recently got a droid x and there is no way id ever go back to a blackberry product.

Quote by robhc

yeah, it can be kind of annoying when the touchscreen gets greasy and smudged.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jun 20, 2011,
Quote by syntheticocean
Being fat sucks but that's no excuse. My 450lb boss uses his iPhone with pure grace.

The real question is 'Why DOESN'T Blackberry suck?'

I'm not even that overweight, I just have a shitty build.

I'm not that bothered. The contract on my BB is until December 2013, and it does everything I need it to do, so I'm happy.
Quote by Nelsean

That's quite debatable.

LG Cookie anyone?
I love my blaclberry's. I used to have a curve originally (it was ok, great for texting but nothing else), then I upgraded to a Bold, which was miles better. The internet was actually quick and was a really nice phone.

Then I got the Torch and I fell in love with them all over again. Yeah sure, on an iphone there may be more games etc, but guess what. I got my phone to keep in contact with people, not ignore them whilst I piss around on my phone.

Blackberry's were the first to have push email, and are still the best at it. I have even had emails on my phone BEFORE its in my gmail inbox. I've played with both android and iphone and can honestly say the only other phone id get is an htc android, but mainly because it's open source.

EDIT: the storm was blackberry's vista in my opinion. Great idea, poor execution.
Last edited by l3vity at Jun 20, 2011,
Small Screen

Limited Applications

Sub-Par Camera

No creative design

Black-berry is a dying company with an overweight bureaucracy that refuses to change.
I was so happy when I got rid of my curve
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
In my experience with cell phones/smart phones, most of them suck. I've only had one phone that I genuinely liked and it was a fairly basic phone (Samsung Alias 2). They know you're locked into a contract and they want to make shitty/obsolete phones so you'll spend more on a new supposedly better one when in reality, little changes. You're out the cash and stuck with another shite phone.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I personally just think they look ugly.

Im sure they function well enough.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
They don't suck, the demographic they target is businessmen and they've pretty much got that market cornered. They don't try to compete with Apple and htc and all them for recreational use by teenage assholes, though I think they are trying to move into that market.
Apps suck
require hard restart after a few days cuz of memory leakage
OS lags even on the highest end devices
screens are small
screen resolution is low
they are physically fatter than most equally priced phones
the cameras are below par
starting up the OS takes 5+ minutes
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by RU Experienced?
They don't suck, the demographic they target is businessmen and they've pretty much got that market cornered. They don't try to compete with Apple and htc and all them for recreational use by teenage assholes, though I think they are trying to move into that market.

over half the kids in my high scchool have a blackberry, not kidding.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

starting up the OS takes 5+ minutes

Mine takes 1 minute to start up

Mine's pretty cool, I don't use it for bullshit apps like people do for iPhones and Androids so it works well enough for me.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by piratemetalhead
over half the kids in my high scchool have a blackberry, not kidding.

I have met exactly one person from my high school who had a blackberry. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it's surprising to me.
I never liked blackberry. Like the first link says, they are all the same. Also, they really are meant for corporate use. Even still, Android phones and (probably) iPhones have the capabilities to be used for corporate duties (hehehe, duty).

I love my Android phone. And any android manufacturer are always renewing their hardware, and google is always working on new android software to meet the demands of its users.

Quote by robhc

the touch screens on phones nowadays are extremely responsive, and very smooth. And my fingers aren't the narrowest. I somewhat miss having a real QWERTY keypad, but I've well adjusted to the touch keypad.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by RU Experienced?
I have met exactly one person from my high school who had a blackberry. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it's surprising to me.

They're beginning to become trendy, maybe not on the same level as the iPhone but they are gathering somewhat of a teenage following. Typically among girls, at least as far as i've noticed. Every damn one of them is obsessing over BBM, reasoning being that it lets them know when you've read their message. I worry for the future of society if no one has a single thing better to do than constantly monitor their phone to make sure someone isn't not responding to every message they receive.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Quote by guns for hire
They're beginning to become trendy, maybe not on the same level as the iPhone but they are gathering somewhat of a teenage following. Typically among girls, at least as far as i've noticed. Every damn one of them is obsessing over BBM, reasoning being that it lets them know when you've read their message. I worry for the future of society if no one has a single thing better to do than constantly monitor their phone to make sure someone isn't not responding to every message they receive.

Idk about trendy, some plans like AT&T have things where you can upgrade your phone when you renew your contract. Sometimes you can get a Blackberry for free, or fairly cheap. That might be why everyone has one at your school.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by guns for hire

I remember hearing about that feature. I predict it will result in many a break up when boyfriend #38749 checks his gf's text but doesn't get around to responding for a couple of hours because he's in the middle of playing call of duty.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I remember hearing about that feature. I predict it will result in many a break up when boyfriend #38749 checks his gf's text but doesn't get around to responding for a couple of hours because he's in the middle of playing call of duty.

I wouldn't put money down against that prediction. I made an offhand comment the other day about replacing my current phone, only to be met with a chorus of "OMG YOU SHOULD GET A BLACKBERRY WE CAN EXCHANGE PINS AND BBM AND I CAN SEE IF YOU'VE BEEN READING MY MESSAGES" from a number of girls. If i'm ignoring you, intentionally or not, d'you really think i'd want you to KNOW that i'd seen your message? Seems a bit counter-intuitive, doesn't it? Female logic is hilarious.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.