Today I went to go look at some acoustic electric guitars. I found a few that I liked and am trying to decide on which to get.

Please just provide the pros and cons, cons especially, of the guitars listed below. If the cons on some of the guitars are negligible or if there are none, I will go back and play them again for a while then pick the one based on sound and feel. So far, they all feel nice lol.

Breedlove Atlas Stage D25/SR Dreadnought $999

Breedlove AC25/SR Plus WC $699.99 Used

Martin OMCPA4 Orchestra Acoustic Electric (WC OM AE CTWY SOLID SPRUCE TOP MAH B&S NAT) $1199

Martin GPCPA4 WC Grad Perf AE CTWY Solid Spruce Top Solid Mah B&S $1199

Taylor 214 CE-G (GA AE SOLID SPRUCE GLOSS TOP RW B&S NAT) $999

Taylor 210 CE-G CTWY SOLID SITKA SPRUCE TOP RW B&S WAT $999

Taylor 114 CE Grand Auditorium $849

I don't know what all the abbreviations mean so I just wrote them in case they're important.
according to your descriptions, all of them have laminate sides (please correct me if im wrong) except the Martin GPCPA4 WC, so that would be your best bet.
Whats so bad about Laminate? Go read the sticky's. Cheers
Spending a G and it still has laminate sides? Yikes...
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
laminate wood cannot vibrate as freely, so at best it lacks the nuances and overtones of all solid wood. usually it's also quieter, and often also rather muffled in tone. the atlas series guitars sound sort of stiff to me, for lack of a better word. i prefer the taylor 114 to the other taylors you've listed, but the martins you list are all solid.

i'd suggest you check out these blueridges if possible. nice rich tone.

all solid, sitka over mahogany, cutaway
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_143ce/52957/53350

all solid, sitka over rosewood, cutaway
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_163ce/52957/89524

and also the epiphone masterbilt series, which are all solid and some are acoustic electric with prices below the guitars you've listed here.

or you could go with an acoustic and have electronics added. if so, i'd suggest either of the guild GAD-30 models - they're all solid, sound great, beautiful finish and included hardshell cash. the GAD-30 is sitka over mahogany with a clean tone and the GAD-30R is sitka over rosewood with a darker tone and plenty of overtones. both very nice guitars, very reasonably priced - you'd come in under the price of the martins even after paying a luthier to add electronics.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
the problem is that theere arent many guitars there and the ones i listed are the ones around my budget =/
I'd rather spend less and get solid wood than spend more on a brand name and get laminate. Don't get hung up on "Martin," "Taylor" and "Breedlove" -- those are just names.
i'm looking online right now of the models i listed and if they have laminate wood...

for the taylors they dont really say its laminated straight out but it says it has a gloss finish and some say satin finish..is that the same thing as laminated?
That usually refers to the neck only. A gloss finish is highly polished but can also be hard to slide you hand over. A satin finish may not loon as nice but is easier to move your hand over.
I've only ever owned guitars with gloss necks, so to me it's just fine. I wouldn't make my decision based on that. But dude -- you should GO TRY ONE.
i did but the ones i listed all sound nice to me lol

also, at gc, they only have taylors, martins, breedloves, and maybe on or two yamahas, segaulls,etc
Last November I went to my local Guitar Store and spent several hours trying out a number of guitars.
I ended buying the Breedlove Atlas Studio D25 SM (Spruce top, mahogany sides and back) for under $900.
I loved the play ability of the guitar and the sound.
It has a solid Spruce top, and I believe that the sides and back are solid wood as well.
The truss system they use delivers a long sustained sound that is warm.
This guitar sings. The harmonics are rich.
Even though they are different, I put this up top with the Guild 12 string for sound quality.

Of course everyone has a different opinion as to sound, so play as many guitars in you price range. and Pick the one that feels and sounds right to you.
In this price range you will hardly find a loser if you chose what you like.
okay imma sound stupid again lol

i see that all guitars(or almost all) have a polished body...how can i tell if a guitar is a laminate or a solid wood if theyre both shiny.....?

also, i know gloss or satin is used on the neck. is it bad if its used on the body?

also, are there certain woods i should avoid when im spending 1000-1500? in many reviews or specifications on gc, it mentions that the top is solid but the back and sides are indian rosewood or mahogany(they dont mention its solid) but if the sides and backs are other woods they mention its solid.

im just making sure i dont get jipped
Quote by SungWismyName
okay imma sound stupid again lol

i see that all guitars(or almost all) have a polished body...how can i tell if a guitar is a laminate or a solid wood if theyre both shiny.....?

also, i know gloss or satin is used on the neck. is it bad if its used on the body?

also, are there certain woods i should avoid when im spending 1000-1500? in many reviews or specifications on gc, it mentions that the top is solid but the back and sides are indian rosewood or mahogany(they dont mention its solid) but if the sides and backs are other woods they mention its solid.

im just making sure i dont get jipped

it would usually say in the specifications if the guitar is all solid or not.(if the word "Solid" is not there, it is NOT solid.)
It is not bad if a gloss finish or satin finish is used on a guitar, it is the most common thing in the world.
The woods you should avoid are woods that make a sound that you dislike.
Just remember, if it does not say solid on front of the woods listed, it is NOT solid!
the necks never say "solid" in them. are they all like that?

and i meant gloss or satin on the body not on the neck
Quote by SungWismyName
the necks never say "solid" in them. are they all like that?

and i meant gloss or satin on the body not on the neck

the necks are like that most of the time, and i was also refering to the gloss and satin on the body...

and for the takamine, according to guitar center, it is laminate rosewood back and sides, but in the actual takamine site, it says that only the top and back are solid(i forgot to mention that sometimes specs are not correct, and that is why you need to reefer to the actual company that makes the guitar)
One of the takamine guitars i looked up said all top, side, back are figured koa. whats figured koa?
Solid top or Laminate, you're buying it for the tone.
Go to a store and try them out, the top wood is the most crucial for the tone of the guitar anyways.

I personally have that Taylor 214 you listed, I have tried most of the other guitars listed as well. Everyone have their own preference, I spent a good 6- 7 hours in different stores before I decided which one to get.

I love the Taylor because the neck is SO comfortable, the tone is higher than average which I really like. A good tip is to just play guitars without looking at their price tags. Lots of people love Gibson J45 and Hummingbirds, I personally think they sound dead compared to high end Taylors, too much boom and bass.
I got a Martin OMC160GPE!

I also got a humidifier and it says to wedge the humifier between the strings but it doesnt fit...should i just leave it in the space between the body and eihther the e or E string

also, how often should i wet the sponge on the humidifier. also, lastlyy, are there any other thigns i should do besides humidigy my guitar to keep it lasting
congrats on your new guitar

you should buy a hygrometer. you can get them for less than $10. sometimes it's too humid, in which case you shouldn't be using a humidifier at all - you might want to dehumidify a bit instead. be sure and test the one you get - they're rarely accurate, so once tested, you can either calibrate it if it can be calibrated or just make a note on it how far off it is, and whether it's too high or too low.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
It's about seventy here and sixty-three humidity and my house is open so I took the humidifier out. Should I shut the case or leave it open?does it matter?