I am looking to purchase a volume pedal in the near future, and am not sure if the most popular option: the Ernie Ball Jr., is the best bet. I don't need stereo and probably won't use the tuner-out option as it is in series with the other output, and sucks some tone away from the chain.

What do my friends at UG recommend? I want to try keep things under 100 bucks for sure, but don't want to skimp on quality.

I think you got the right idea. Ernie Ball Jr.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Another thing to consider: buy a dunlop wah and tweak it to be a switchable wah/volume pedal. You need a couple wires, a capacitor, a switch, and some basic soldering skills.
Last edited by black_box at Jun 21, 2011,