Poll: Attempt at Music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Attempt at Music?
Yes
39 71%
No
16 29%
Voters: 55.
Well as the question asked, are you? Personally I am attempting but I do not care if I make it, I'm doing it for the adventure and the fun and the life story to tell my kids basically,although if i got a normal job my degree is in welding and welding is boring after 4 years of doing it everyday except for the summers and weekend. If you are attempting to though why are you? If you aren't why not. much love and peace~caleb
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Nope.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
too hard anyomre. i play guitar becauce i lik eit alot, i like listening to music, and its a great way to waste 2 or three hours a day. i 'd love to have a successful band but i also know that an adult life is important.
My sig? Nice.
it's not about the money all my love is for the music
because i know the music scene today is so love sick...

but uuh, ive got big dreams in music. It's one of the only things that make sense to me. Hopefully i can get into a music program post secondary, i've been shifting to more contemporary "chill" music rather than extreme metal (not just because i think people will like it more, my tastes have just changed) and i'm hoping to write a few good songs to put in an audition tape.

I might also try to learn to violin
Quote by piratemetalhead
it's not about the money all my love is for the music
because i know the music scene today is so love sick...

but uuh, ive got big dreams in music. It's one of the only things that make sense to me. Hopefully i can get into a music program post secondary, i've been shifting to more contemporary "chill" music rather than extreme metal (not just because i think people will like it more, my tastes have just changed) and i'm hoping to write a few good songs to put in an audition tape.

I might also try to learn to violin

sounds fun! and yea we need some new actual music....well good luck! and i would love to jam with a violin sometime i think that would be super sweet

Sure, it's like, the only talent I have apart from being really good at video games or being really good at smoking pot...
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Slaughtered
Sure, it's like, the only talent I have apart from being really good at video games or being really good at smoking pot...

smoking pot is very bad and leads to heroin use

It doesn't seem likely, but if it happens that would be cool. I'm pursuing a career as an automotive technician, and I've had a lot better luck with that...
I would love to end up being in one of the major bands on a record label, but I'm playing just cause I love to play. Shows are fun, whether or not we make it, I will enjoy it
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Quote by HWFG1
I would love to end up being in one of the major bands on a record label, but I'm playing just cause I love to play. Shows are fun, whether or not we make it, I will enjoy it

this is what i am saying exactly man. I want to do it because I love it, reguardless of making it or not

I'm not trying to break through with music that I write, but I'm trying to get more people to appreciate music itself. That desire has lead me to pursue a major/career in music education.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I love music and playing but I don't have the patience to sit down and practice for real and I'm not much of a writer. So no, I'm not trying to go anywhere.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yes, but making money from it is secondary. I just want people to hear my music. Already "released" one album which seems to have got good reception, hopefully more will follow
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by BurningTurkey
i 'd love to have a successful band but i also know that an adult life is important.

Yeah. Damn all these kids and their platinum selling, arena playing rock bands.

OT: I would love to. I'm not focusing everything in on it, because I want to have something to fall back to if I fail.
But I'm also not painting myself into a corner. I could just as happily play in a relatively unknown metal band, as I could in a radio friendly indie or D&B group. I'm open to where I go, I'd be happy to play music for a living.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 20, 2011,
Italy

but really no where as I suck and will never get anywhere, especially with this attitude.
Yeah. I'm going to try to get recorded by a small indie label and play live shows during college, but unless my band has alot of potiential I probally won't go completely pro. It'll just be a side project.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.